Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
HTML native support

Hi guys,

Is it hard to add native HTML support on the sony firmware? Or it is totally a different story from the hacks we have?
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
One would need to write a viewer plugin. Check my unofficial SDK if you'd like to have a try at it.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does your unofficial SDK work with the 505?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
It should. They didn't change the core API much.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
hamh
Connoisseur

do you compile the code with gcc or do it thru visual studio?
Advert
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #6
hamh
Connoisseur

do other readers that support html has somekind of browser build in? Or they use some parsing algorithm to output the text content with a html document?

setting page within the reader for a html document would be kinda tricky.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
agnimidhun
agnimidhun began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 6630
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
One would need to write a viewer plugin. Check my unofficial SDK if you'd like to have a try at it.
Hi,

I would like to check your unofficial SDK. Can you please let me know where can I find it?

Thanks,
Midhun
agnimidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
hamh
Connoisseur

just search unofficial sdk in this forum and you'll be able to find it
Old 12-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
quicksilver
dude
quicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Any progress on this?
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 AM   #10
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
When I've tried igors's test viewer on my Vista & also on XP running in a Sun's virtual machine, it just hung, eating enourmous heaps of memory. (but so does Sony's library software, except on XP)

So either they've substantially changed the API, or I was doing something wrong.

I hope somebody else checks it, in case there was something wrong with my PC.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote