Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Reset Issue with firmware 4.5.9587

HI folks

Is anyone else having a reset type issue with firmware 4.5.9587 on the Touch??

When ever I add books from pc or reinsert SD card My Touch with firmware 4.5.9587 Resets any books I have read or been reading to UNREAD and deletes bookmarks. SO I then have to find my position etc again!!! IT DOES NOT RESET MY DEVICE SETTINGS.

I have factory reset and reinstalled rom, Formatted my sdcard and readded my books etc.. But still continues..

Any ideas would be welcome

regards
Lohtse
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:15 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is a bug that causes the microSD card to be read again on a device reboot, eject from the computer, or an eject/insert of the card if kepub eBooks are on the microSD card.

The solution is just put ePub on the microSD card and kepub on internal storage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

I don't use Kepubs!!!

Also didn't happen in previous builds.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:54 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
I don't use Kepubs!!!

Also didn't happen in previous builds.
Are you sure? If you have the Kobo Touch Extended Driver installed, it can be set to auto-convert ePub to kepub on the fly and you might not notice this.This is a plugin for Calibre.

Check your microSD card to see see if you have even one kepub on there. I don't know if having kepub on the microSD card can cause an issue for all the eBooks (including ePub) on the card.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-14-2017 at 05:56 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #5
lohtse
Groupie

checked my sd for kepubs.. NONE all books are epubs.... I general download in EPUB format and just copy to sd via file manager...

Haven't used Calibre in over a year as just didn't get on with it and it also refused to update on my windows 10 laptop and pc...
Advert