Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
Blaise
Blaise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
communication betwenn Calibre and Kobo Aura H2O

I succesfully loaded books from calibre to my Kobo (many times).
But since 6 month about, when I try to delete a book from my Kobo with calibre I got a error message saying: "problem of communication with your device" and I get these information(see below) - What should I do ?

calibre, version 3.6.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 616, in _delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 509, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2150, in delete_via_sql
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 453, in delete_via_sql
File "c:\t\t\apsw-9hooel\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As this says, the database is corrupted. The best option is to sign out from your Kobo account which will force you to resetup the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are using Kobo Utilities to keep a backup of your database, you could restore the last backed up database, reboot, and continue on your way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise View Post
I succesfully loaded books from calibre to my Kobo (many times).
But since 6 month about, when I try to delete a book from my Kobo with calibre I got a error message saying: "problem of communication with your device" and I get these information(see below) - What should I do ?

calibre, version 3.6.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 616, in _delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 509, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2150, in delete_via_sql
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 453, in delete_via_sql
File "c:\t\t\apsw-9hooel\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Looking at where the error occurred in the driver, I'm surprised you didn't get an error when calibre was getting the book list from the device. That could mean the corrupted part of the database is an index. And compressing the database might fix it. My Kobo Utilities plugin has a function to do this. I'm not certain it will work, but you will be in no worse position than you currently are.

If this doesn't work, then JSWolf's and PeterT's suggestions are the way to recover.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote