Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #16
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyzhang View Post
LOL. Use Google translate.
It doesn't work all the time. It's useless to do this kind of things.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:23 PM   #17
rickyzhang
Enthusiast
rickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BOOX max carta, kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle pw and nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
It doesn't work all the time. It's useless to do this kind of things.
You underestimated AI nowadays. I'm a native Chinese speaker. I typed in Chinese. It got a pretty decent English but may be no native from google translate:

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...4065;%E3%80%82

Original Text:
我想购买MAX CARTA,运往美国。请用DHL直接付运。我会按照现价汇率,通过PAYPAL,用美元支付而不是人民币 。

Translated Text:
I would like to buy MAX CARTA, shipped to the United States. Please use DHL directly shipped. I will pay at the current rate, through PAYPAL, in US dollars instead of RMB.

I should start to tell my two years old if he is not smart enough, he will live on welfare. AI automation will take over so many jobs.
rickyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #18
rickyzhang
Enthusiast
rickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and grace

OK. I do a another test. Type in English and see the translated result in Chinese.

As a native Chinese speaker, I have no idea it is machine translation from English to Chinese. It did pass my version of Turing test. Google translate used to suck. But it has made a tremendous progress. Give a try.

Original Text:
I want to buy a Max Carta e-ink tablet and ship it to US directly through DHL. I will pay in US dollar by Paypal, instead of RMB. The exchange rate uses spot rate listed in google.

Translated Text:
我想购买一个Max Carta电子墨水平板电脑,并通过DHL直接运送到美国。 我会用贝宝支付美元,而不是人民币。 汇率使用谷歌列出的即期汇率。

https://translate.google.com/#auto/z...%20in%20google.

Last edited by rickyzhang; 08-05-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:34 AM   #19
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
I have no idea it is machine translation from English to Chinese. It did pass my version of Turing test.
Today I came across something truly shocking. I typed 5+5 into my calculator and it replied 10! It looks like we've been surrounded by intelligent machines for something like half a century without realising
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #20
rickyzhang
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Today I came across something truly shocking. I typed 5+5 into my calculator and it replied 10! It looks like we've been surrounded by intelligent machines for something like half a century without realising
Mechanic computation as you mentioned is quite different from the computational model that evolves itself into something beyond human interpretation.

The computation like 1 +1 = 10 (binary) is done under human supervised and designed silicon.

But the convolution neutral network (may be the major factors that contribute to the decent result of nowadays machine translation in google) is a based on computational model initialized by human but self-develop into opaque black box.

That's a new and scared part.
Advert
Old 08-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #21
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
initialized by human but self-develop into opaque black box.
No, one sec - so-called transparency remains a most important goal in AI, and possibly /the/ most important in some collateral aspects of AI (practical, ethical etc.). That it is not quite there in neural networks, is a challenge, a situation, and a massively stimulating and promising opening - not really a bound condition.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Today I came across something truly shocking. I typed 5+5 into my calculator and it replied 10!
So you would mix the computerized mechanism of sum and language translation? You really sure?
EDIT: P. Norvig (something like): "Could not put the trophy in the case, it was too big. vs. Could not put the trophy in the case, it was too small." Good luck with that, as you will engineer your calculator ; ) []

EDIT2: I actually typed e-v-i-l-g-r-i-n in the emoticon blocks, for readers to understand that I would have placed an emoticon there - but to my surprise, an emoticon actually appeared! Nice phpbb! Now who's intelligent? ; )

Last edited by mdp; 08-06-2017 at 12:32 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 AM   #23
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do not try to purchase anyone from GoodEReader. GoodEReader is very unreliable.
Very sound advice, methinks. Lots of frustrations are spilling out onto the comments section of their Indiegogo campaign. Buyer\Backer beware.

Many of the sordid details can be found documented in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...76#post3564476
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #24
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I take it as you can only get a GoodEReader if you have participated in the Indiegogo campaign, right? (theoretically anyway...)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #25
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
I take it as you can only get a GoodEReader if you have participated in the Indiegogo campaign, right? (theoretically anyway...)
Generally, that would be the case. However, if you go to the comments section on their Indiegogo page, one person has posted that they would like to sell their device and has given an email contact address...
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #26
machinogodzilla
Addict

Remarkable is available for normal orders now. My rough estimate for the price delivered to Europe is USD 900, close to USD 1000 with the sleeve (that must be a darn good cover). Phew, that's steep! Not far off Sony DPT-RP1, and double one has to pay for a similarly sized Onyx...

Last edited by machinogodzilla; 09-18-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:53 AM   #27
Mikii
Mikii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5 gen
Onyx BOOX Max2

Hardware

13.3" inch high resolution mobius Eink display
2200 x 1650 pix (207PPI)
16 gray scale
Capacitive touch+Electromagnetic pen touch(WACOM)
Quad-core 1.6 GHz CPU
2GB LPDDR3 memory
32GB EMMC storage
Wi-Fi + BT 4.1

Software

Regal refresh
Android 6.0
Documents format:PDF, EPUB , TXT, DJVU, HTML, RTF, FB2, DOC, MOBI, CHM...
Images foramt:PNG, JPG, TIFF,BMP
Audio format:WAV, MP3
APP Store:Google play
Support DRM
Others

Keys:Menu, preview page, next page, back, power
Monitor interface:Micro HDMI
Expansion interface:Micro USB
Earphone jack:3.5" earphone jack
Battery capacity:4100mAh Li-Polymer battery
Battery life:Up to 4 weeks (standby mode)
Dimesion :325x237x7.5 mm
Weight:≤ 550g
Ceritification

CCC,ROHS,CE,FCC

see: www.onyx-international.com

price: 799 Euro on amazon EU
Mikii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good e-reader, large displays, onyx, remarkable, sony