Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 05-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
One of my Clip+s will no longer hold a charge. I won't replace it. I still have another Clip+ and 2 Clip Zips. I find myself using them less and less as time goes by. Instead, I'm relying more on no contract phones for audio playback. My current NCP is an LG Tribute HD.
Quote:
Wanna buy my broken Clip+? It has a dead battery and the clip is missing.
Nevermind...

My Clip+ magically came to life this morning and took a full charge. It's working great. I have no idea what happened since all of the variables involved were easily achieved with my other Clips.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #92
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Nevermind...

My Clip+ magically came to life this morning and took a full charge. It's working great. I have no idea what happened since all of the variables involved were easily achieved with my other Clips.
Too late, you already offered it up for sale!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Too late, you already offered it up for sale!!
S
It's actually a Sansa Clipless+. The clip broke off a couple of years ago. So I took a file to the remaining plastic bits and filed them off. I actually prefer it without the clip.

Someone is selling a Clip+ on Amazon for $125 - unreal!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #94
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's actually a Sansa Clipless+. The clip broke off a couple of years ago. So I took a file to the remaining plastic bits and filed them off. I actually prefer it without the clip.

Someone is selling a Clip+ on Amazon for $125 - unreal!
Holy Cow! New or used? Should I get out my stash and sell them??
S
Old 05-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

wrong post
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 12:28 PM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Holy Cow! New or used? Should I get out my stash and sell them??
S
New; used ones are going for $90. Who'd pay that kind of money for these?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #97
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
When I traded in some of the Sansa devices, I got back as much as I paid for them, or more, because they are being resold at such high prices.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #98
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just sold 2 Sansa Clip Zips on ebay and traded one in on Amazon. Happy about that.

Did anyone notice that Sansa released a new device in January? SanDisk - Clip Sport Plus 16GB* Bluetooth MP3 Player. It's water resistant, too! I want one, when the price comes down. Best Buy has it for $50 right now. Link
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #99
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just sold 2 Sansa Clip Zips on ebay and traded one in on Amazon. Happy about that.

Did anyone notice that Sansa released a new device in January? SanDisk - Clip Sport Plus 16GB* Bluetooth MP3 Player. It's water resistant, too! I want one, when the price comes down. Best Buy has it for $50 right now. Link
Check the OP for specs, and for features not supported.

FYI - this Clip does NOT have a card slot. 16GB is all you get.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:35 PM   #100
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Check the OP for specs, and for features not supported.

FYI - this Clip does NOT have a card slot. 16GB is all you get.
That is something I had not noticed. Could be a deal breaker. But the blue tooth feature is intriguing.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #101
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That is something I had not noticed. Could be a deal breaker. But the blue tooth feature is intriguing.
Try the AGPTek G05W 8GB Clip Bluetooth MP3 Player. I've had this almost a year, and like it a lot. It will not play Audible files; you'd have to convert them.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #102
silverraven
Guru

I ended up with this one too:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It is more like the Clip+. So far I'm really liking it. Actually, so far I'm really liking these off-brand cheap players!
But yes, still have to convert Audible to mp3.
S
Old 08-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #103
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Both of those look really nice. I put them in my WL to look at later.

I think my expectations are skewed. I was thinking these mp3 players could receive bluetooth from other devices. I bet it's the other way around, isn't it? I want something small that can receive bluetooth.

Last edited by booklover6; 08-01-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #104
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
SanDisk Clip Sport Go

Has anyone used this model?

https://shop.sandisk.com/store?Actio...ords&utm_term=

32 gig looks interesting.
Wish it had bluetooth.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #105
infectious
infectious began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Rousing a dead beast here!

I had a sandisk Clip Zip (plus?) from 2007 or 2008 that the clip broke off. I found someone who shared online how he glued a type of office clip on his, and was happier than with the original bulky clip. I had a 2-yr Rhodesian Ridgeback then so lots of walking. Heck, I didn't even have a smartphone then! And was playing w/ Ubuntu and .ogg formats. Kinda.

Found 'em, and these things have some serious BITE!

https://acco-product-images.s3.amazo...1400_h1400.jpg

Then life became a blur of illness, confusion, and loss. But that little Sansa stuck it out with me! Had since gotten a smartphone or 2 but hated lugging it around. Women's exercise shorts only have a ONE tiny 1" x 1.5" embedded, undertwisted pocket that at most fits one small key and if you stretch it enough, a tightly folded dog poo bag. The phone wasn't an option except for winter, and klugy at that.

I'm tech-slow, had a billion music CDs, and finally ripped them to FLAC to play on my home hack-job setup. Thought the Sansa finally died on me in 2016 - wouldn't hold a charge longer than 20 minutes? Threw it across the room in a fit. (the *only* fit I threw in spite of my life falling around my ears, I might add! )

Yeah....realized 2 years later that OH, I had enormous lossless files on it, of *course* it burned through it's power playing those! Duh!

I tried other mp3 players, or bought some on clearance then lost them, so ended up with the APG. That thing would never remember where I stopped, which rendered audiobooks useless on it. Hated it! Even for music.

Come 2019 - I had lost my dog, ability to exercise, but found housing by some miracle. And found 2 new, unused mp3 players that I had previously lost. But my first purchase after the 3-year disability back-"award" came was buying ANOTHER SANSA CLIP!!!

Oh sweet sweet music and audiobooks to my ears! Thought for sure mp3 players were dead, but Sansa had 3 new models out! Whaaaat!! :-D

I noted the lack of SD-Card slot on the fancier version with bluetooth, but 16G is honestly sufficient to make the bluetooth model more than capable. Audiobooks aren't that big and swapping them out once a month is workable! I was/am still struggling with confusion from some immune thing so just paid less for the 4G Clip Sport and added a huge SD card

I'm just fine with corded buds - just shove 'em in my ears and bliss-out the world.

In that whole process, discovered an official "SD Association" that sets SD memory standards. They have an official free "SD Card Formatter" utility. I really really tried with that AGP thing.

Standardized SD Formatter tho --> good to know.
Esp. w/ so many combinations of technology/Size overlaps of products out now. Worth a peek:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

I don't trust Windows knowing how to communicate with various readers and cards after they started wiping out drivers.

Just now went and had a duck-duck-go on Sansa Clip and WOT?! Western Digital bought Sansa. I truly live in a cave. Lowered the price of the Clip players tho! Maybe they'll give them some Bluetooth love soon.

I still hold that Sansa's have been the strongest little beasts on the market for well over a decade! <3
infectious is offline   Reply With Quote