Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #166
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Idk my Nook is one of the very first tablets when they first came out and this app was one of the few available.
Brian is right on Nook has always used Android on their tablets. It just B&N limited the apps to their own store at first.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #167
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't know if this box set has been posted before but it's a great deal. I've already read 'Playing Patience' by Tabatha Vargo [she's an auto-buy author for me because of that book/series] and I gave it a solid 4. The other books in here are all rated around 4 at GR.

$.99 Lover's Embrace

blurb: SIX FULL LENGTH BOOKS! SIX USA TODAY & AMAZON Bestselling authors! (*Recommended for 18+ for mature themes.)

Loving Liberty by Belinda Boring

Torch by Cambria Hebert

Big Apple Dreams by Kamery Solomon

Tell Me Why by Lacey Weatherford

Charred Heart by Lizzy Ford

Playing Patience by Tabatha Vargo

Embrace your most hidden desires. Embrace the hopeless romantic residing inside you searching for that swoon worthy moment; the guy who makes you sigh. Romance lover's will delight in this butterfly inducing set of full length novels combined to deliver up-all-night reading sessions, heart fluttering moments and skin scorching passion. Each novel in this set is independent and written by some of today's bestselling romance authors. Escape into the pages and be swept away while discovering the talents of 6 Author Press.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #168
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
For those of you looking for historical romances with settings other than Regency England, today's Kindle romance deal is set in 1760's South Carolina:

Keowee Valley by Katherine Scott Crawford for $1.99
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #169
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
For those of you looking for historical romances with settings other than Regency England, today's Kindle romance deal is set in 1760's South Carolina:

This looks really good. Interesting setting. Its the first book I will have bought in 2014. I have been a good girl.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #170
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Samhain's January featured releases. Remember code stacks with the 30% off pre-order/new release discount...
Quote:
Coupon Code
Receive 30% off this month's featured titles with coupon code "NEWYEARDEAL" (Exp. 01/31/14 Midnight EST)

She's All Tied Up by Cathryn Cade

A Case of Possession by KJ Charles

Kilty Pleasure by Shelli Stevens

Lead Me On by Lexxie Couper

Protecting His Assets by Cari Quinn

Prince of Tricks by Jane Kindred

Wicked Designs by Lauren Smith
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #171
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post

Thank you!! I was looking through my TBR for a colonial/frontier/etc and couldn't find anything that was quite what I was looking for. This is perfect!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:39 AM   #172
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Thank you!! I was looking through my TBR for a colonial/frontier/etc and couldn't find anything that was quite what I was looking for. This is perfect!
It looks like it's written in first person. Not many historicals are.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #173
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That is true. I read Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller recently and it was in 1st person. Unfortunately in that case it didn't work as well for me. But that was a combination of the 1st person and the heroine being a bit of a doormat and I guess part of how it was written. Don't know, I never can find the right words to describe things that bug me or why.

I am not a huge fan of 1st person, but it can be enjoyable to me if its done right. Many of the UF I read are 1st person and it works on those. I guess that is the writer skill.
But yeah, I don't see it much in HR at all.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #174
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Quote:
That is true. I read Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller recently and it was in 1st person. Unfortunately in that case it didn't work as well for me. But that was a combination of the 1st person and the heroine being a bit of a doormat and I guess part of how it was written. Don't know, I never can find the right words to describe things that bug me or why.

I am not a huge fan of 1st person, but it can be enjoyable to me if its done right. Many of the UF I read are 1st person and it works on those. I guess that is the writer skill.
But yeah, I don't see it much in HR at all.
ACK! Nooooooooo. I hate first person. I didn't even look inside, just one-clicked and shut down, then fell asleep playing a game on my tablet without even getting a chance to read.

Thanks for the warning, so I won't pitch my Kindle across the room in a fit of pique when caught off-guard.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #175
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Have you tried Pamela Clare's McKinnon's Rangers series?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #176
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
ACK! Nooooooooo. I hate first person. I didn't even look inside, just one-clicked and shut down, then fell asleep playing a game on my tablet without even getting a chance to read.

Thanks for the warning, so I won't pitch my Kindle across the room in a fit of pique when caught off-guard.
I remember someone around did hate first person stories. I personally love them if they are done right but I've yet to read a historical where it works.

One of my resolutions for the year is to read a sample of the book before purchasing if I am unfamiliar with the author. In this case the writing did not catch me within the first few pages.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #177
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
I remember someone around did hate first person stories. I personally love them if they are done right but I've yet to read a historical where it works.
I don't exactly hate them, but far too many authors have no idea how to tell a story from a first-person perspective and make it believable and enjoyable to read at the same time. If they can't get it right in the first page or two, I delete the book from my library and move on.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #178
pisceschick
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Have you tried Pamela Clare's McKinnon's Rangers series?
Love those McKinnon brothers! Clare has said she's writing two more to it.

Quote:

One of my resolutions for the year is to read a sample of the book before purchasing if I am unfamiliar with the author. In this case the writing did not catch me within the first few pages.
I never, ever one-click and this is exactly why. D'oh!

And really, I don't mind FP in say, poetry. I really enjoy getting into the head of both of the main characters, and that's really difficult to do in this tense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I don't exactly hate them, but far too many authors have no idea how to tell a story from a first-person perspective and make it believable and enjoyable to read at the same time. If they can't get it right in the first page or two, I delete the book from my library and move on.
So far I've only read the prologue, but it's not bothering me too terribly much. It's not the active "I do this, then this, and I think this" that makes me crazy. It's more like a memoir, but I don't see the benefit of doing the story this way.

My sinus infection seems to be re-rearing its ugly head (ran from mid-Sept to mid-Dec, on antibiotics for 9 weeks) and my head is killing me, so I might be switching to something lighter. Reading's easier on my sore head than the backlit computer and tablet.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #179
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rancher romance from Pocket Books . . .

Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky #1) by Kristen Proby (1-21-14 pre-order) $1.99
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Cara Donovan’s summer tutoring job is turning out to be a challenge—and not just because of her troubled twelve-year-old student. It’s his uncle Josh who’s the real problem. If problem is the word for an irresistibly cocky, muscle-bound rancher with a taste for tight Levi’s and shameless flirtation. . . .

Cara is nothing like the wallflower Josh King remembers good-naturedly teasing in high school. This Cara is gorgeous, confident, fun. From the moment the fiery teacher steps foot on his family’s Lazy K Ranch, the stubborn playboy is determined to corral her. So what happens when his luscious lover takes over the reins?

The first in a steamy trilogy, Kristen Proby’s enthralling novel is filled to the brim with one hardworking family’s triumphs and challenges, all the wild adventure of the modern West, and a whole lot of titillating fun.
2 Kristen Ashley stand alones on sale for $0.99 on Kindle
Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #180
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Love those McKinnon brothers! Clare has said she's writing two more to it.
That's good to know!