Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Announcements

it seems there are a lot of folks here at MobilRead who don't subscribe to the Announcements Forum. It would be a real shame to miss out on the big official announcement coming very very VERY soon in that Forum.

And if you never glance at the Front Page, now might be a really good time to start!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Do you know how much more work it is to have to scroll down to the bottom of the forums to read the Announcements Forum?
I think they should be moved to the top of the page. :
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Do you know how much more work it is to have to scroll down to the bottom of the forums to read the Announcements Forum?...
Things are tough all over.

Seriously, though, the idea of moving the Announcements up on the page or of placing a link to Announcements near the top of the page is being discussed in the Editor forum. I like the idea of the Announcements being more visible. Of course, the really big news is always on the Front Page, but it seems a lot of members breeze right by that portion of Mobileread. Witness just how many people missed the news about our 10th Anniversary Contest. That's one reason why some of us are going out of our way now to...

...never-mind. I almost let a cat out of the bag about a secret we're keeping...for a few more hours, anyway.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Hmmmm, "coming very very VERY soon" you posted absolutely hours and hours ago, and now you say still "a few more hours". Stewards enquiry! I'm going to end up missing it now
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Witness just how many people missed the news about our 10th Anniversary Contest.
Hah, their loss was my gain!

While I usually have the forums bookmarked in all of the sites I visit, I usually try and look at the main page at least once a day that I visit the forums.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Meh. Hate when people attempt to build excitement for something by the "we've got a secret!" or announcing that there will be an announcement methods. Almost always means that it's something not worth paying attention to...

Last edited by JD Gumby; 12-24-2012 at 01:30 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Honestly, until that thread came up about the contest a while back, I hadn't even noticed there was an announcements forum. I had only ever scrolled down the main forum page until I got to the foreign language section. At that point, I thought I had reached the end of the English language forums and didn't scroll any further.

Other forums I visit all put announcements at the top of the forums page.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Meh. Hate when people attempt to build excitement for something by the "we've got a secret!" or announcing that there will be an announcement. Almost always means that it's something not worth paying attention to...
Or worse, an announcement that they'll be announcing a future announcement. Yes, I've seen that
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Honestly, until that thread came up about the contest a while back, I hadn't even noticed there was an announcements forum. I had only ever scrolled down the main forum page until I got to the foreign language section. At that point, I thought I had reached the end of the English language forums and didn't scroll any further.

Other forums I visit all put announcements at the top of the forums page.
I did all of this too.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Meh. Hate when people attempt to build excitement for something by the "we've got a secret!" or announcing that there will be an announcement methods.
Comes across to me as childish, like a game of keep-away (you know, something that if you did it as an adult, would be felony robbery).

Quote:
Almost always means that it's something not worth paying attention to...
I remember the hype over the Segway. They said it would change the world. They didn't say it would change it by making it more boring and lame.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
We're not giving away Segways! Repeat - not Segways!

What is it your ask?

It's a secret ... a mysterious secret ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I have my link to this board set for the forums, I never see the announcements page or the home page. So if it's not posted in one of the other forums I won't see it.

And after all of this stuff it better be something worthwhile.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I have my link to this board set for the forums, I never see the announcements page or the home page. So if it's not posted in one of the other forums I won't see it.

And after all of this stuff it better be something worthwhile.
Heh! Heh! Could be!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I did all of this too.
Apache
I'm glad I'm not the only one!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #15
Daniel Jones
Nameless Being

Send PM to user whenever any important announcement are released.