Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #166
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I just found this plugin, thanks to McGee's comments. I've installed it and have used it to add a csv list of books I've read. Adding them all as empty books.

Partway through the operation [after I click "finish"], I get this error:

calibre, version 2.58.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:hour must be in 0..23

calibre 2.58 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Fantastic Fiction && Import List && Embed Comic Metadata && Count Pages && FictionDB && Barnes & Noble && Webscription && Kindle Collections
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 323, in validatePage
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 174, in _create_empty_books
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 179, in _apply_metadata_updates
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 222, in _update_mi_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 244, in _update_mi_custom_column
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 801, in field_from_string
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\date.py", line 145, in parse_only_date
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\date.py", line 131, in parse_date
File "site-packages\python_dateutil-2.2-py2.7.egg\dateutil\parser.py", line 748, in parse
File "site-packages\python_dateutil-2.2-py2.7.egg\dateutil\parser.py", line 320, in parse
ValueError: hour must be in 0..23

I am using Win10, with Calibre2.58 64bit.

The list of books [around 2700] comes in, but at about book 260'ish, the date read, series, tags, comments, etc, stop. It is just title and author for the rest of them.

What other info should I provide? Any help would be appreciated.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #167
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
From the error, the "date read" column is a custom column that is stored as a date. Something is wrong with the formatting of the date in the record that fails. I assume that is the "260'ish" book. The error suggests that the date parsing routine is getting something that looks like a timestamp, but it has a number greater than 23 in the hour part of the timestamp.

If you cannot find the problem record, post the file and I will have a look. If you can find it, I would still like to see the problem record. From it, I might be able to make the date parsing more robust.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #168
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, my date read column is just a day, month, year setup. No hour or minutes. I actually don't know how to incorporate those.
I'll try adding the csv file without the date read part and see what happens.

Thank you for replying.

Last edited by Ravensknight; 06-26-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:59 PM   #169
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty sure that if you search through the CSV you will find ate least one date entry that isn't like the others. If there isn't, I would like to see the file to try and work out what is going wrong.

The alternative I can think of is that there is a comma in one of the values and the text around it hasn't been delimited properly. How are you producing the file?
Old 06-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #170
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm pretty sure that if you search through the CSV you will find ate least one date entry that isn't like the others. If there isn't, I would like to see the file to try and work out what is going wrong.

The alternative I can think of is that there is a comma in one of the values and the text around it hasn't been delimited properly. How are you producing the file?
It was a download from Leafmarks of all the books I've read. Nothing copyrighted or anything about it. If you want to see it, I have no problems with that.
Here you go.

And if it is a line by line search thing, I'll just add it manually later when I add all the covers :-)
Attached Files
File Type: rar leafmarks_export_1.rar (632.0 KB, 226 views)
Advert
Old 06-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #171
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

So, I scrolled down to the 260's and sure enough, one of the entries had year, month, day, hour, minute.

If I just delete those hour/minute, that should take care of it, right? It just seems a bit daunting to go through all 2700+ entries and eyeball all the extra times. My Mark I eyeball isn't quite what it used to be.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #172
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
So, I scrolled down to the 260's and sure enough, one of the entries had year, month, day, hour, minute.
Yes, that should fix it.
Quote:
If I just delete those hour/minute, that should take care of it, right? It just seems a bit daunting to go through all 2700+ entries and eyeball all the extra times. My Mark I eyeball isn't quite what it used to be.
I opened it in LibreOffice. That can use regex for searching. There are two entries with times; line 277 and 1814. But, neither entry should be a problem. They have times of "17:51" and "12:14" respectively. What probably is happening is that because of the extra numbers, the whole timestamp is being interpreted differently. So, "2014,7,8,12,14" is probably being read as "hours, minutes, day, month, year" or "hours, minutes, month, day, year" depending on your locale settings. Formatting the date as a comma separate list is not something I've seen before. It is probably giving the date parsing routine a bit to much leeway in how to interpret the timestamp. If it was changed to a more common format like "2014-7-8 12:14", it would be interpreted correctly.

I will have a look at the date handling and see if there is an easy way to fix this.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #173
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

So, I changed those entries and it has gotten into Calibre just fine. I guess I was assuming that even if there was an error in one entry that the List plugin would keep on going, but it just stopped.

All figured out now though. Thank you once again for your help.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #174
r_mcgee
r_mcgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app
Ok well davidfor with some help from your settings file some tweaking and a bit of testing with other pages I think I got a pretty solid settings. My only hangup is with the comments section. When the comments are only text it grabs it fine, but some have .gifs after them for new or high ratings. When it is those comments it displays the comment then a big space then (Â). When I look at the source html it shows (& #194;) without the space. And looking at the page source in browser it shows the image tags on a new line under the comments text. So I'm assuming that it is a carriage return or new line that doesn't encode right so the plugin sees it as (& #194;) then calibre turns it into (Â). Now it would be nice if I could get it to give me something unique to each image that I could later do a search and replace with to add that info into the comments, but I would also take just the comments dropped of the images, or the (& #194;) stuff. I have trouble understanding the strip/include text settings with having to escape certain things and what types of wildcards can be used. Like is there a way to say that once you reach that (& #194;) part to strip everything from then on? Or maybe once it reaches a punctuation (.,?,!) to then strip after that? But that might cause problems if the comments have more than 1 punctuation in them.

So what are your thoughts? comments? Do you have information or tips to help me?

Thanks
r_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:14 AM   #175
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello,

I just installed Import and tried it - it looks like a great tool.

One question if I may - I followed instructions in post 1 to import Ross Macdonald from fantasticfiction, got the series, and created the empty books in Calibre but the Author column is "Unknown" so the Overdrive plugin search doesn't find any of them. Did I miss a step, or is there a better site to source from?

Thanks,
CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #176
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The missing data probably means the site has changed. The predefined site imports were created against the version of the site that was current at the time. The plugin includes an edit function that you can use to fix this. If you fix it and want to supply the changes back, I can arrange to update the plugin.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #177
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The missing data probably means the site has changed. The predefined site imports were created against the version of the site that was current at the time. The plugin includes an edit function that you can use to fix this. If you fix it and want to supply the changes back, I can arrange to update the plugin.
Unfortunately I don't have the skills to debug it. I hesitated to try Calibre's metadata mass update because of the warnings, but running a search-and-replace on the author column seems safe and solves that problem pretty easily.

I do wish there was a better source site than FF - it gives me bogus publish dates and an incomplete, incorrectly numbered series column. Unlike Author, I don't see any easy way to correct those. I've looked at Goodreads, Wikipedia, FictionDB and OrderOfBooks but none have accurate and complete data in the form of a usable database table...
Old 07-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #178
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Unfortunately I don't have the skills to debug it. I hesitated to try Calibre's metadata mass update because of the warnings, but running a search-and-replace on the author column seems safe and solves that problem pretty easily.

I do wish there was a better source site than FF - it gives me bogus publish dates and an incomplete, incorrectly numbered series column. Unlike Author, I don't see any easy way to correct those. I've looked at Goodreads, Wikipedia, FictionDB and OrderOfBooks but none have accurate and complete data in the form of a usable database table...
If you select multiple books, You get Bulk Mode.
Any changes apply to JUST those.
So...
you select the books with Author:Unknown that you Know are the same .
author
Tap 'E' and set the Author (and tick Automatically set Author Sort )
Presto, all fixed

Warnings are there because anything that you do, applies to SELECTED books

do not use highlight found records in (blue bars w/no red slash)search mode, the records can be anywhere (outa sight). Been there, my foot still hurts
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #179
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you select multiple books, You get Bulk Mode.
Any changes apply to JUST those.
So...
you select the books with Author:Unknown that you Know are the same .
author
Tap 'E' and set the Author (and tick Automatically set Author Sort )
Presto, all fixed

Warnings are there because anything that you do, applies to SELECTED books

do not use highlight found records in (blue bars w/no red slash)search mode, the records can be anywhere (outa sight). Been there, my foot still hurts
Thanks for the warning - I'll be more careful. In the import preview I was comparing to the FF page and removing extras before creating empty book list, then back in Calibre ctrl-A then mass-replace. I figured as long as I repaired Author immediately after import there shouldn't be any confusion, and I need it fixed anyway to run the Overdrive search on the new list. (That has weeded out a few where libraries carry the book under what FF considers an "aka" title so I can fix and re-search. Of course if it finds all but 1 or 2 of a series there's a good chance it's the title. If many are missing I don't bother to check for aka's, I just assume none of my libraries have them...)
Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #180
lovedove
lovedove began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd
Hi, I just discovered this tool but can't seem to get it to do Goodreads Listopia lists. I'm trying to do this one: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/...16_MM_Releases or this one: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...t_Gay_Shifters.
I've been trying since last night and nothing works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your consideration.
lovedove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types