Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
booklover81
booklover81 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Calibre Folder Structure

Yes, I've seen the post above saying not to mess with it... I haven't. BUT I have seen others' Calibre folders sorted by Last name, first name and I was wondering how they did that as mine is sorted First Name last name
booklover81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover81 View Post
Yes, I've seen the post above saying not to mess with it... I haven't. BUT I have seen others' Calibre folders sorted by Last name, first name and I was wondering how they did that as mine is sorted First Name last name
Probably because the Authors column is LN, FN
But who cares what is not supposed to be messed with looks like

If, you just absolutely need to find the title: select the book, and tap "O" (or use the Right-click menu choice: 'Open containing folder'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I guess if you swap the first and last name in the meta data you can get calibre to make folders FName LName or LName FName... though in reality I dont remember the last time I looked at the folders with in Calibre.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
This section of the FAQ might help you out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I have seen others' Calibre folders sorted by Last name, first name and I was wondering how they did that as mine is sorted First Name last name
Calibre sorts by whatever is in the author name field. By default, that's "first name last name," but many users have switched it to "last name, first name." The links above will help you switch, if you want to. IOW, everyone has the same folder sorting - by author name - but you control what you put into the author field and if you put the last name first, that's what you will see in the calibre library.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert