Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Sync issues with iPad?

I'm reading on my KT and my iPad. If I bookmark a spot on my iPad, the KT knows this and asks if I want to update. The iOS app does not, and dumbly remembers only where I left off on the iPad. My iPad is communicate with the Internet so that isnt the issue.

I should add that this is a kobo book that I am reading.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by Wildgift; 07-03-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
I'm reading on my KT and my iPad. If I bookmark a spot on my iPad, the KT knows this and asks if I want to update. The iOS app does not, and dumbly remembers only where I left off on the iPad. My iPad is communicate with the Internet so that isnt the issue.

I should add that this is a kobo book that I am reading.

Thoughts?

Thanks
I tested this with my Android Tablet, Android Smartphone, Kobo Desktop and Kobo Touch. In two out of three books the bookmarking worked but the upper left of the pages was different on all the devices.

It looks like the Kobo Deveopers have some work to do.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Ham Cannon
Enthusiast
Ham Cannon doesn't litterHam Cannon doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony Reader 505, Kobo Touch, iPad 1, iPhone 4
I've had sync issues with my iPad and iPhone, and they haven't gone away with the latest firmware update. I have pretty much the exact same problem the OP described--the Touch recognizes when I've been reading on another device, but it usually doesn't work the other way around.

One thing I've encountered that seems to help--but still is far from 100% reliable--is to exit a book on the iOS app before I exit the app itself. I.e. go back to my bookshelf. This seems to make it more likely that when I read on my touch, and then go back to the app, when I re-open the book it will be on the right page. But still, this is something that really needs to be fixed.
Ham Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote