Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Steve Jobs leaving apple?

It looks like Jobs is sick again ... leaving for good now?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...eve-jobs-apple

I wonder how big the impact is going to be in the market share and 2011 product deliveries. Even though I am not a big fan of Apple, the guy is charismatic.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
It looks like Jobs is sick again ... leaving for good now?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...eve-jobs-apple

I wonder how big the impact is going to be in the market share and 2011 product deliveries. Even though I am not a big fan of Apple, the guy is charismatic.
I think he's on his way out for good. Tragic. I wish him well.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
He's taking a medical leave of absence....no reason to assume it's permanent, it hasn't been twice before.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
He's taking a medical leave of absence....no reason to assume it's permanent, it hasn't been twice before.

Lee
Pancreatic cancer? I think it'll get him this time. He can only dodge that bullet for so long, and then...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Hmm, while its sad to see him go, the company did survive and continue to be profitable when he took his last leave of absence, and the Market has seen Tim Cooks performance in the past so should hopefull be lest jitty this time.

ANd while there does look to be a good team at the helm in his absence, i.e. Cook, Ives, et al the question that remains whether anyone else will be able to do what jobs has done, single mindedly focus on each product, boil it down to the essentials and bring it out.

Think that's probably on Jobs mind as well as he probably does not want what happened to Apple in the 90's to ever happen again.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
No doubt that his team is good but not only was Jobs a serious driving force on the design side (must have this, must do that) but he is also the public face of Apple. His absence is a serious reduction, which I agree sounds absurd to say about one man and a company that size. But I know several Apple employees and they unanimously agree that Jobs is an @ss who got things done his way and paid attention to smaller things most executives don't dabble in. I hope his health recovers and he returns (again).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
No doubt that his team is good but not only was Jobs a serious driving force on the design side (must have this, must do that) but he is also the public face of Apple. His absence is a serious reduction, which I agree sounds absurd to say about one man and a company that size. But I know several Apple employees and they unanimously agree that Jobs is an @ss who got things done his way and paid attention to smaller things most executives don't dabble in. I hope his health recovers and he returns (again).
True. Big companies use CEO and leaders as a mind driven factor. Even when their technical involvements on their products is not the same like used to be, their speches and public appearances push products (for good or bad)
I hope he can recover from this one too.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Yes, I wish him well and a speedy recovery. I was a die hard windows man but I now admire apple and esp Jobs (but I still use a windows pc)
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #9
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Best wishes to him for a quick recovery. I think it's good (for him, anyway) that he's taking some time to rest, though.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I think they're just saying it's temporary. Either way, the company should be more dignified for the next few months. It shouldn't slow down their innovation at all.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #11
paganpete
paganpete began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone Readme Daily
Poor man, all that money and it can't help him - I am not an apple fan but I wish him all the best, get well if you can Steve.
paganpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 AM   #12
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Very sad. A long shot I am told but I hope he recovers.

I heard Apple stock fell 7% on the news.

Last edited by HappyMartin; 01-18-2011 at 04:53 AM.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:49 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There can be few large organisations in which one man has had as much influence as Mr. Jobs has had at Apple. I too wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back at the helm soon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Poor man. I wish him well and speedy recovery.

It proves the basic points of out lives.
You can buy everything for money. Except two things.
Health and Love.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #15
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Pancreatic cancer is one of the least curable cancers. 5 year survival rate was 4.6% (meaning 95.4% of people who had it died within 5 years) as of 10 years ago, according to:

http://cancer.emedtv.com/pancreatic-...val-rates.html
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote