Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 12:05 AM   #16
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
The DRM is there to protect against all other unsanctioned devices, not iOS devices. Audible has had a deal with Apple for a long time.
I'm confused. Are you saying someone could give a friend a copy of their Audible audiobook and load it onto their iDevice via iTunes? That doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't iTunes need to be linked to your Audible account in some way?

Last edited by odamizu; 07-01-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: clarified question
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:17 AM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of someone giving a friend a copy of their Audible audiobook. Could their friend load it onto their iDevice via iTunes, or does the iTunes account need to be linked to your Audible account in some way?
You authorize iTunes to your Audible account.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:34 AM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Please don't discuss "giving" a friend a copy of copyrighted media. MR will not provide help with piracy.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #19
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You authorize iTunes to your Audible account.
Thank you for clarifying this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Please don't discuss "giving" a friend a copy of copyrighted media. MR will not provide help with piracy.
Sorry. I was just trying to figure out how iBooks figures out you are an authorized user, because it didn't make sense to me that you could listen to an Audible audiobook otherwise. I wasn't trying to encourage piracy — quite the opposite.

I have edited my question above accordingly (though Anemic Oak quotes the original, poorly worded question )

Last edited by odamizu; 07-01-2017 at 02:49 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote