Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Ice Cream Pdf Converter Pro--What Do You Know about It?

I did a search on Mobileread for this software, but didn't get any hits . . . .

Do any of you know anything about "Ice Cream Pdf Converter Pro"? Reason being, a third-party software promotion/discount website, WindowsDeal.com, is currently offering it for free. Reviews/ratings on the Web are as scarce as hens' teeth.

I'm not saying that I don't absolutely love the pdf format(?) for reading ebooks. Well, okay, yes I am saying that. hahah

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-20-2015 at 03:56 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #2
tuskin
Enthusiast
tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, Surface 3
Icecream

This was at giveawayoftheday some time ago See comments here:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/icecream-pdf-converter-pro-1-47/#comments

tuskin
tuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #3
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin View Post
This was at giveawayoftheday some time ago See comments here:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/icecream-pdf-converter-pro-1-47/#comments

tuskin
Oh, yeah, thanks. Giveawayoftheday sometimes is an invaluable source for reviews when reviews elsewhere are hard to come by. I check the site every day, and did not remember this being offered on the site, so I didn't go there.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

In case anyone cares, IceCream PDF Converter Pro is available free (again?) at GiveawayoftheDay.com. This is version 2.4.9.

The specialty of this software seems to be converting PDF files to Microsoft Word files. Seems from glancing over the reviews at GAOTD that it is sometimes hard to find software that will render the converted file correctly. I suppose that the benefit to converting a PDF to DOC (DOCX or whatever) is that you can edit the document easily in Microsoft Word? A person would be able to make changes to the file without a dedicated PDF editor like Adobe and other companies have? Then you can save the file back to PDF with just about any piece of software out there nowadays, it seems.

The ratings for this software are very high, coming from the GAOTD as they are--87% positive. I didn't check any other ratings or reviews.

I think that all of the GAOTD offerings expire/change still at 3 a.m. Eastern time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-15-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #5
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
... I suppose that the benefit to converting a PDF to DOC (DOCX or whatever) is that you can edit the document easily in Microsoft Word? ....
As just discussed in another thread, if you have the latest version of MS Word, you can load a PDF directly into it and it will also do an excellent conversion job, including OCR of text in scanned/bitmapped PDFs.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote