Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
@sitrucz:
Thank you for beeing the guinea pig. USB Network over usb is the only thing I care about for the time beeing. It still does work over usb? Is wifi support new, sorry never tried it over wifi with my 5.3.1.
Yes usbnetwork over USB works.
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #17
mroek
mroek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
And, should everything else fail, you can always downgrade to 5.3.1.
Is that possible even if the Kindle hasn't been jailbroken? It seems Amazon doesn't make older firmwares available for download either.
mroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #18
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Some people say that with this firmware the white of the screen seems to be whiter. Is this true or is it just some kind of "placebo" effect?
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek View Post
Is that possible even if the Kindle hasn't been jailbroken? It seems Amazon doesn't make older firmwares available for download either.
1. Yes, it is. 2. That's why there are mirrors of the files
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #20
mroek
mroek began at the beginning.

Quote:
1. Yes, it is. 2. That's why there are mirrors of the files
Thanks. Then I'm going to try the update. :-)
mroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
Some people say that with this firmware the white of the screen seems to be whiter. Is this true or is it just some kind of "placebo" effect?
You should not be spreading rumors like that. Especially cross-posting them everywhere.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #22
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
No increased whiteness over here.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:

And, should everything else fail, you can always downgrade to 5.3.1.
Where can I find more about how to downgrade? I have the old bin, but not sure, just install it like any othe bin, ore there are some other stuff to do first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
ohhh YESSS, and if you are in a very quite room, you can actually hear it reading the text for you, but again, the voice is very hard to hear and the room should be VEEEEEERY quite!
(sorry just couldn't stop myself not saying these )

Last edited by rorogio; 01-18-2013 at 08:48 AM.
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
You should not be spreading rumors like that. Especially cross-posting them everywhere.
Firstly: ask a question is not to spread a rumor at all.
Secondly: I've written the question in the two threads dedicated to the update which is not any off-topic and it's not everywhere.
Finally: I don't like to argue and to distract the topic of the thread but with responses as rude as yours is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
ohhh YESSS, and if you are in a very quite room, you can actually hear it reading the text for you, but again, the voice is very hard to hear and the room should be VEEEEEERY quite!
(sorry just couldn't stop myself not saying these )
I thought that this wasn't possible and wanted to read your opinions to be sure. But well, maybe you feel cleverer writing stupid and useless responses. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by atleon; 01-18-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #25
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Let's just file this under "No" and move on.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #26
atleon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Let's just file this under "No" and move on.
Thank you very much. That's all I wanted .
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #27
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Before I update my paperwhite firmware I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. I have installed the Collections Manager and all the things required for that to work (Jailbreak, kindlet jailbreak, Dev Certs). I also installed the sleepscreen hack. From what I've gathered from the thread I should be find to upgrade without bricking my kindle, loosing functionality and without having to reset up all my collections? Is that right? Is there anything I'm going to need to do besides just update? I didn't see anything that said I'd need to but just in case I missed some instruction...
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #28
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@ centhena: That is correct. You do however need to reinstall everything after the update other than the jailbreak itself. Make sure to grab the latest CM - the old version won't work no more. All your old collections, even nested, will survive the update.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Awesome!
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote