Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #61
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Booxter:
Are
  • HD vs non-HD screen;
  • audio vs no-audio; and
  • size of internal flash memory
the only known variations in configurations of the i62 (other than superficialities like case colour)?

It would have been helpful if Onyx had given code suffixes to each of the variants (e.g. i62-HDA4 for HD, audio and 4GB, i62-8 for no HD, no audio & 8GB) to avoid confusion. If nothing else, it'd be easier to keep track of the differences between all the Russian variants (as opposed to trying to remember which configuration each of their fanciful names represent).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #62
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Booxter:
Are
  • HD vs non-HD screen;
  • audio vs no-audio; and
  • size of internal flash memory
the only known variations in configurations of the i62 (other than superficialities like case colour)?

Onyx produces his devices in small series.

A distributor decides which quantity of ereaders he will take and which configurations.
In i62 series we can select between (our configuration is highlighted):
  • Screen: HD or non-HD
  • Colour: black, white, grey, soft touch
  • Cover: in scope of delivery or separately.
  • Flash: 2, 4 or 8 GB
  • Audio on board: available or not
  • Side buttons: available or not
  • TTS: in Polish devices IVONA TTS licence included (but firmware is closed). We are working on a solution with Acapela - keep firmware free and offer a good selection of non-expensive voices.
  • OS: for devices in our store some of Onyx engineers are working on porting of Android to it. Currently the porting is in final phase - just some final polishings are needed.

Last edited by Booxtor; 08-29-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #63
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Hi Booxtor.

Do you know anything new about Onyx Boox i62HD with a lighted screen?

thanks for your attention ;-)
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #64
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
OS: for devices in our store some of Onyx engineers are working on porting of Android to it. Currently the porting is in final phase - just some final polishings are needed.
Booxtor,
is Android going to be ported to M92? And if so, how far is the release (I know things might be delayed and often are, I would like to know expected timeframe, not the exact date)? Weeks, months, this year, next year... If it is not secret.

If M92 is going Android, I understand that programmers now focuse more on porting Android than on improving the firmware (But to be honest there are improvements in the firmware anyway).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #65
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Booxtor,
is Android going to be ported to M92? And if so, how far is the release (I know things might be delayed and often are, I would like to know expected timeframe, not the exact date)? Weeks, months, this year, next year... If it is not secret.

If M92 is going Android, I understand that programmers now focuse more on porting Android than on improving the firmware (But to be honest there are improvements in the firmware anyway).

Wasn't there a pretty heated discussion some time ago that this was impossible and not desirable anyway?
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #66
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Yes, indeed. I was one of those, whose opinion was that it is not as easy as it seems and that there may be many performance issues because of b&w and mainly e-ink technology which is very different from normal displays in respect of the speed.

But OK. If Android works satisfactory on e-ink, than just perfect. Better than waiting, what Onyx implements or not. But we will see. We do not have Android in M92 and we do not know how well the applications needed will run on it...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #67
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Booxtor,
Yes, that is correct. Next week I shall get and test the first result of that porting.

Quote:
No. There are some engineers, who is parallel working on improvement of current M92 software. Onyx just experienced a problem with technical personal in this summer - some went on vacation, some was moved for a couple of weeks to other departments. Now it's back to normal..
Old 08-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #68
Mono
Mono

Just for clarification.

I didn't mean sw developers do not work on current firmware (almost) at all. I meant, if some of them work on Android, there is probably less labour to work on current firmware. You wrote somewhere, that the plan is to support the both platforms. Which is good.

And if Android and Android applications will work fine (at least the important ones) on M92 Beryll Snyder will be happy. And me too.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170783

Looking forward to hearing "user experience" news soon.

Last edited by Mono; 08-30-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #69
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
So, any news on the Android port? Also, what's the deal with the new "Firefly" aka "lighted screen" model?
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #70
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
So, any news on the Android port? Also, what's the deal with the new "Firefly" aka "lighted screen" model
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=23

Concerning frontlit i62hd (code name "Firelfy") I finaly got my samples yesterday and a review will be available here soon.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #71
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:

Concerning frontlit i62hd (code name "Firelfy") I finaly got my samples yesterday and a review will be available here soon.
I hope your review to decide the purchase of the new i62.

Particularly important to me is that the filter diffuser front lighting, do not reduce the contrast HD native screen, as with the Nook.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #72
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:

I'm looking forward to your review. Please be sure to check if 'NoRefresh' from the Nook hacks also works on the "Firefly"
pata is offline   Reply With Quote