Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
bucsie
Connoisseur
bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
series info no longer downloads

As the title said...

I import books and download metadata but the series info doesn't get downloaded anymore.
I remember this problem happened a few versions ago but the next release fixed it.
Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?
bucsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsie View Post
I import books and download metadata but the series info doesn't get downloaded anymore.
For versions 0.7.43 and newer go to Preferences - Plugins - Metadata download plugins and customize the Librarything plugin. You now have to enter your Librarything logon information in the form of
Code:
username:password
then click ok (see attached). If you don't have an account it is free to sign up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	librarything.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	65799  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-01-2011 at 05:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
bucsie
Connoisseur
bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks.
I did that, but now the metadata download returns an error message saying that librarything has blocked calibre
Old 01-31-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
thanks.
I did that, but now the metadata download returns an error message saying that librarything has blocked calibre
I'm afraid I can't help you there. Here are a couple of posts from Kovid over the last couple of days on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
LibraryThing often blocks calibre, I encourage you to complain to library thing, though I doubt they'll listen since they apparently only want you to use their service via a browser. So you're likely going to be stuck with openlibrary covers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Note that I've found that even after entering your username and password LT will block calibre from time to time.
For what it's worth, earlier today I used the download only social metadata feature from the dropdown metadata menu and received series information.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
nickdma
Enthusiast
nickdma began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
I think Librarything might be throttling. I've got it setup with my account in the plugin, and if I fetch metadata for a number of books, it starts failing. If I wait a bit, it seems to work, then starts failing again.
nickdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah LT is definitely throttling, what happens is that after a few requests it asks for a captcha verification, even if you are logged in.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
BTW the ability to add User Name is only in .43

But I notice that it Cablire doesn't even try to DL covers from Library Thing now
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
dkelly701
dkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Nook
This is happening to me also. I have set up a LibraryThing account and it does not help. I think this started after the last update but can't be sure.

Quote:
As the title said...

I remember this problem happened a few versions ago but the next release fixed it.
Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?
dkelly701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #9
cityzen
cityzen began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly701 View Post
This is happening to me also. I have set up a LibraryThing account and it does not help. I think this started after the last update but can't be sure.
Yep i agree, doesn't seem to work since last update.
cityzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
People, this is a known issue. See this thread for some more details. It looks like it won't be fixed anytime soon, if at all, so in the meantime, you just need to take things as they are.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
boof
boof began at the beginning.

I'd also suggest emailing LT and expressing your interest in having calibre and LT play nicely together. Impressions I get from other threads here are that the calibre developers have tried to get in touch with LT about this - but have so far been ignored.
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
bucsie
Connoisseur

Here's me being an ass

Maybe LT doesn't like that calibre users don't contribute to their DB as they probably expect from the web users?
Wouldn't it be great if calibre would also have the capability to share user's input? like ratings, series info, reviews... usual metadata.

anyways, it seems to be randomly working now, at least for me. sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #13
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Oh, I found that there is a separate plug in to add your Library Thing log in for covers.

Without a log in, it doesn't even try
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote