Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast
HoanPiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Question [Request]Kindle paperwhite 5.11.2 Jailbreak

dear all. I wanna make this thread to request a help from Dev for paperwhite 3 which is auto update to new version. Please help us, we stuck here and cant do somthing we love
HoanPiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Please help us

Advert
Old 07-13-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Without more information, I do not think anyone can help.

Also, nobody spends their entire life reading this forum so you can not expect an immediate reply.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #4
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post

Also, nobody spends their entire life reading this forum so you can not expect an immediate reply.
Please suggest me what should i must do for a thread. I have a paperwhite 3. But after i factory reset jailbreak gone and it auto update to new version 5.11.2
[...]

Last edited by issybird; 07-14-2019 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Foul language.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Next time, follow the directions about NEVER doing a factory reset unless you immediately re-install the 'hotfix'.

Never, in the life of this forum, has a jailbreak been developed by request.
Jailbreaks are ALWAYS made avaliable for everyone 'as soon as possible' without any delay.
Note that 'as soon as possible' sometimes means: Never.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #6
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Next time, follow the directions about NEVER doing a factory reset unless you immediately re-install the 'hotfix'.

Never, in the life of this forum, has a jailbreak been developed by request.
Jailbreaks are ALWAYS made avaliable for everyone 'as soon as possible' without any delay.
Note that 'as soon as possible' sometimes means: Never.
yeah Bro. But i think maybe someone are in other version but they dont need and dont wanna jailbreak.
For me i really wanna to jailbreak my Kindle. Please help me . My kindle is paperwhite 3 in version 5.11.2 . i hope you can help me
I think the title "request" is make you think wrong about me. It must be "Request help" or something else like "Help.." . Sorrry about my bad english

Last edited by HoanPiTa; 07-13-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 AM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoanPiTa View Post
Please suggest me what should i must do for a thread. I have a paperwhite 3. But after i factory reset jailbreak gone and it auto update to new version 5.11.2
The factory reset combined with update permanently destroyed your jail break.

5.11.2 can not be jail break with software.

The only way to jail break a PW3 running 5.11.2 is to use the serial port method

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

That requires opening the Kindle and soldering tiny wires to tiny pads just to get started.

Then you have to run some commands that might be difficult for you.

People will be more patient if you mention you are not a native English speaker when you first ask for help.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:43 AM   #8
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Quote:
The factory reset combined with update permanently destroyed your jail break.

5.11.2 can not be jail break with software.

The only way to jail break a PW3 running 5.11.2 is to use the serial port method

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

That requires opening the Kindle and soldering tiny wires to tiny pads just to get started.

Then you have to run some commands that might be difficult for you.

People will be more patient if you mention you are not a native English speaker when you first ask for help.
Thank you.
Will in future have a new way easier to jailbreak bro?
Old 07-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you.
Will in future have a new way easier to jailbreak bro?
Impossible to say.
Jail breaks are based on Amazon programmers making design errors.
But they never tell us what design errors they intend to include in future versions.
They have had over ten years of practice in "getting things right", they almost know what they are doing by now.
So do not hold out any hope for a jail break on new firmware.

Last edited by knc1; 07-14-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #10
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

I see that koreader is really helpful after jailbreak. It's all i need. So sad
I am trying to buy a new kindle paperwhite gen 4. Jailbreak make me crazy T_T

Gửi từ COL-L29 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I see that koreader is really helpful after jailbreak. It's all i need. So sad
I am trying to buy a new kindle paperwhite gen 4. Jailbreak make me crazy T_T
If koreader is all you need, you might consider getting a Kobo ereader which does not need jailbreak to install koreader.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Now i dont have money to change to kobo.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #13
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Thanks all!
I sold my kindle and unbox new. I am really lucky because the new kindle is 5.9.6.1. Finally i jailbroken it. Thank for all support
Admin can you help me delete this post? Thank you!

Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 PM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We don't delete "resolved" posts .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:19 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
We don't delete "resolved" posts .
I think that was a request for help changing the image size.