Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Kindle Oasis 2016 Edition, Kual Question.

I tried researching, and couldn't find anything. Is there any firmware version for this kindle oasis, that can use the AZW2 version of Kual?
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I don't *think* so, but I might be wrong.

IIRC, it shipped on FW 5.5.x, and that one was already a no-go (whereas earlier devices kept supporting Kindlets until FW 5.9.x, if I remember correctly).

My notes in KUAL's changelog seem to match my memory of things... (c.f., the entry for v2.7).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And even if there was, you'd then hit the "Can't Downgrade" issue, since that started being enforced along the same time, IIRC, although I'm much fuzzier on the details here.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Is there anything specific you needed the Kindlet variant for?

(Because, nowadays, the only thing you lose with the Booklet is a custom icon, and you're compensated for that by being assured it'll always startup properly on a cold boot).
Old 07-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Is there anything specific you needed the Kindlet variant for?

(Because, nowadays, the only thing you lose with the Booklet is a custom icon, and you're compensated for that by being assured it'll always startup properly on a cold boot).
Thanks for the information. I like the kindlet version better, but my main reason for wanting to know, was because I wanted to run custom Kindlets on it. I can just use Kual extensions. Thanks!
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert