Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
Mac4661
Mac4661 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindlewhite
Disappearing books

Hallo
I have been a kindle user for many years. I have accumulated a large number of books and documents, most of which have suddenly vanished. Luckily, I have a kindle app. on my iPad, where the content is still complete. Can anyone tell me how to return the content to my kindle. Is there any risk that everything could disappear from my iPad as well?

Thanks
Mac4661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4661 View Post
Hallo
I have been a kindle user for many years. I have accumulated a large number of books and documents, most of which have suddenly vanished. Luckily, I have a kindle app. on my iPad, where the content is still complete. Can anyone tell me how to return the content to my kindle. Is there any risk that everything could disappear from my iPad as well?

Thanks
What do you mean when you say that the content has "suddenly vanished"? Was the content stored only on your Kindle, or was it also stored in your Kindle Cloud?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
You can log into your Amazon account on a computer browser and check your Digital Content there to see and re-upload your books to your Kindle that were purchased.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:06 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4661 View Post
Hallo
I have been a kindle user for many years. I have accumulated a large number of books and documents, most of which have suddenly vanished. ...
Have you inadvertently changed your Home Page View from "All" to "Downloaded?" I've done that in the past as it's pretty easy to do.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:37 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Or has your Amazon account been disabled? (I forget whether that removes all books from your usage now, but at one point it did.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert