Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I've attached the .ini

Can you see something wrong?

It won't let me do anything with the preview widget...as soon as it is selected it freezes Sigil.
I don't see anything wrong offhand.

I'd try deleting the "maximized=true" and the two "geometry=" and "toolbars=" lines under the [mainwindow] section, myself (the whole line of each, not just up to the = sign). Make sure you do it while Sigil is closed.

That should reset the main window and all the widgets and toobars to their defaults (without losing all your other customization). Then you can set it up again how you like.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
- (re) opened epubs with preview widget undocked on different monitor; freezes Sigil

I have the preview widget on the extended desktop on the 2nd monitor. The 2nd monitor has a much higher resolution than the one the Main window is on.
That's a different kettle of fish altogether. I can't test multi-screen setups.

Seems to me there might be a known bug along those lines in the back of my mind somewhere.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-27-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Advert
Old 06-27-2019, 03:00 PM   #48
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That's a different kettle of fish altogether. I can't test multi-screen setups.

Seems to me there might be a known bug along those lines in the back of my mind somewhere.
I have a Samsung monitor I no longer use that I could donate to the cause. It's old and only has DVI and VGA connectors; I don't know if there are converters for those if your video card doesn't have those connectors.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:04 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Actually, I'd rather someone just simply confirm (or refute) that they experience the same issue on their multi-screen setup.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #50
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I switched the setup and put the Main Sigil window on the higher resolution 2nd monitor. It worked fine when I put the undocked preview widget on the main (lower resolution) monitor. However, anytime I try and enable the preview on the 2nd monitor, either docked or not, Sigil would freeze up.

So I think the issue is the preview widget on a 2nd monitor, or maybe on a really high resolution monitor??

Let me know if you want me to test anything else.

Edit:

High resoution = 4K monitor displayed with 200% magnification in Windows settings

Last edited by Turtle91; 06-27-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Can you please test with Sigil -0.9.14 as well to determine if the dual monitor issue is a QWebKit or a QWebEngine bug since the remaining Qt code is identical.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #52
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I didn't have any issues like that when I was running 9.14. The only issue I had was 9.13 slowing down and large memory usage issues.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I have a Samsung monitor I no longer use that I could donate to the cause. It's old and only has DVI and VGA connectors; I don't know if there are converters for those if your video card doesn't have those connectors.
I normally use USB Monitor dongles for monitors 3 + 4, But they also work for a WINDOWS Laptop that needs an extra monitor connection (Doing hi-res vid on it is pushin' your luck). I frequently have the Spell check and Saved Searches on the upper (USB served) screens .
At this time, that rig is 300 miles away, so I cant test it for you.

FWIW Older Sigil sometimes had issue remembering that these were ABOVE the current Sigil window (between sessions). But I did not sweat that.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:18 AM   #54
Norrin
Norrin began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
Quote:
Book View is gone. So there's no need for buttons (or a keyboard shortcut) to switch between it and Code View. We gave plenty of notice (the previous version's release notes, the github wiki, plus all the various threads here at Mobileread talking about its imminent demise, the release notes for this release--included in the first post of this thread). Is this really the first you're hearing about this?

We developed PageEdit (a separate application) to be used via "Open With" by those who can't live without Book View's functionality. A link to it is on the third post of this thread.
Oh, shame on me!
Yes, I didn't reed ALL threats about this theme. So, now I did - and now I understand.
Thanks for explaining und your good work.

BR
Norrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:59 AM   #55
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@Norrin Once you've specified the PageEdit path via Edit > Preferences > General Settings you can open the current file in PageEdit by pressing F2. There's also a new Launch External Xhtml Editor button in the toolbar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toolbar.PNG
Views:	972
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	172156  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #56
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Myself; I'd just delete the Sigil.ini file, let Sigil recreate it and then set everything back up how I like it again. But I know people tend to fall in love with their heavily customized settings and resist doing that for as long as they possibly can. Heck, I delete my Sigil.ini file at least once a week these days (with no backup). Sometimes just for the practice. Ain't no big deal.
Obvious solution is obvious. People should version it with git and when problems happen they can revert back to arbitrary previous versions.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:53 AM   #57
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Old Version: Sigil 0.9.9
New Version 0.9.15 (pulled today)

I just executed the installer and everything went fine. But when i tried to start Sigil, the "Sandclockring" circled a couple of times and nothing else happened. I was even unable to see a thread popping up the task manager nor in the process explorer.

So i renamed the pref dir from sigil-ebook to sigil-ebook.bak and tried again - this time Sigil started properly.

Have i overseen something in this discussion? For me its not a big deal, but maybe Diap oder Kevin or interested in.

I still have the old sigil prefs, so i can redo this if you need more information, but then you need to tell me where i should keep an eye of.

Last edited by Vroni; 07-11-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:25 AM   #58
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Just noticed this new regression in Sigil 0.9.14.

In EPUB2, looks like as soon as you save,   is auto-converting to #160 .

This did not occur on Sigil 0.9.13 as far as I recall. (Haven't tested this newest 0.9.15 beta.)
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:25 AM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Just noticed this new regression in Sigil 0.9.14.

In EPUB2, looks like as soon as you save,   is auto-converting to #160 .

This did not occur on Sigil 0.9.13 as far as I recall. (Haven't tested this newest 0.9.15 beta.)
What's in your Preserve Entities list?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:42 AM   #60
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
What's in your Preserve Entities list?
Looks like it only shows #160 .

I'll toss   in there now and test.

(But I never looked at/messed with that menu in my life—only when I fixed the Sigil manual—and Sigil definitely didn't replace   in previous versions.)

Note: Just tested with   in the Preserved Entities, still replaces it.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 07-11-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote