Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Saved searches crash Sigil

I just had to reinstall Windows (W10 64bit). For whatever reason, opening Saved Searches crashes Sigil. I've tried versions 0.9.10; 0.9.12; & 0.9.14 and the result is the same.
I would be very grateful for help.

Details:
Error info: Critical: QWindowsFontEngine::QWindowsFontEngine: GetTextMetrics failed ()
Sigil version: 0.9.10
Runtime Qt: 5.6.2
Compiled Qt: 5.6.2
Platform: Windows SysInfo ID 192

Last edited by kamanza; 06-22-2019 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added info
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I think your ini files are corrupted. If so, You must use backups made before 0.9.10 (as was instructed in the Sigil-0.9.11 and Sigil 0.9.13 release notes). Perhaps someone with Windows can confirm nothing is crashing with valid ini files.

Last edited by KevinH; 06-22-2019 at 02:09 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Been using many saved searches on W10 x64 without issue on the latest release over that past few days
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If not INI corruption (though I suspect that's what it is), there could be some font missing from your Windows reinstall that Sigil has used for its Appearance preferences. I have know idea why (or even if) such an issue would only arise when opening the Saved Searched dialog, but before wiping out your INIs (if you don't have any uncorrupted backups to rely on) you could try resetting your Sigil prefs back to their default values first.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I think your ini files are corrupted. If do, You must use backups made before 0.9.10 (as was instructed in the Sigil-0.9.11 and Sigil 0.9.13 release notes). Perhaps someone with Windows canconfirm nothing is crashing with valid ini files.
It worked,
Thank you very much!
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert