Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #481
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Define "see".

I don't actually believe it got stuck the first time around, it just might take quite a while (potentially more than a couple minutes) to flush to disk.

I'll move that step to the package itself to make it more obvious.

EDIT: Hmm. The "Restarting UI" message is displayed *after* the syncs... Could I bother you for some MRPI + system logs (;dm in the search bar)? .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-13-2019 at 10:51 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #482
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Define "see".

I don't actually believe it got stuck the first time around, it just might take quite a while (potentially more than a couple minutes) to flush to disk.

I'll move that step to the package itself to make it more obvious.

EDIT: Hmm. The "Restarting UI" message is displayed *after* the syncs... Could I bother you for some MRPI + system logs (;dm in the search bar)? .
"See" meaning if I go to the python directory on the Kindle I just see a version file which related to 2.7. If I go into the /bin directory there are two files which include "2.7". There is also one file named "2to3" but it has the same Feb 21, 2019 filedate as the others. Also under the /include directory and the /lib directory there are "python2.7" folders but no other version folders.

I ran the search ;dm command but I don't know where to get the logs from or if they were produced? I have attached the "mrinstaller.log" which seems to indicate a lack of space. Hope this helps. Not sure how to "clear" system space. There is plenty of disk space free.

"Error demunging, cannot write to output: No space left on device.
Error converting update package 'Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin'.

Failed to extract package 'Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin' (python 0.15.N I WARIO+ZELDA pw4 kt4), skipping . . . "
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:02 AM   #483
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
;dm logs are in the documents folder.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #484
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, now that's interesting.

I'm going to need to see the *full* MRPI log . As well as the system one from ;dm .

EDIT: Also, FWIW, Python 3 ends up being installed in a completely different folder, one aptly named "python3" .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-14-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #485
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Updated the PW3 to 5.11.2 today. Latest KUAL, USBNET reinstalled and working fine.

But when I placed the latest hotfix Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin in /mnt/us/ root, it was rejected and destroyed immediately, even before I could get to UYK:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_07_14T18_56_00-0401.png
Views:	160
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	172393

Also,
kindle-python-0.15.N-r16164
kindle-linkss-0.25.N-r16160
kindle-linkfonts-0.14.N-r16160
are immediately destroyed (and never installed) by MRPI.

While olders,
kindle-python-0.15.N-r15470
kindle-linkss-0.25.N-r15470
kindle-linkfonts-0.14.N-r15468
are installed and work just fine.

Couldn't locate the MRPI log.

What next (given the hotfix is the one I'm most eager to re-implement)?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #486
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP:

Ah, that's potentially good news re: @hius07's report about the Hotfix on 5.12.x .
I'll look into it.

In the meantime, I could use the full MRPI log + a system log right after the MRPI session.
The MRPI log is in extensions/mrinstaller/log/mrinstaller.log .

(There was a packaging change involved that's probably at the root of the issue, at least for the Hotfix. Python is weirder, because I obviously tested it on both ends of the spectrum because I knew it could be problematic.)

Sidebar: reinstalling the hotfix after an update has been utterly superfluous for a couple years now, the bridge takes care of everything. At most, you used to possibly need a reboot for Kindlets to work again, but since that's gone the way of the dodo...
On the upside, that means more visibility of potential issues in the packaging, like here, so, eh, I'll take it .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-14-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #487
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I MRPInstalled kindle-linkfonts-0.14.N-r16160 again, and it now worked‽

Logs attached.
EDIT 2019-07-15 useless logs removed

The MRPInstaller log showed my previous installation of the hotfix indicates

Code:
Package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.15.N I) is not targeting your FW version [!(2443670049 < 3541850032 < 3383210042)] skipping . . . :(
I will try again the latest python and screen saver and report.

Last edited by PoP; 07-15-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:32 PM   #488
PoP

Latest python and screen saver re-installation still sent to oblivion.
Code:
Failed to extract package 'Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin' (python 0.15.N I WARIO+ koa2 pw4 kt4), skipping . . . :(

Failed to extract package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I WARIO+ koa2 pw4 kt4), skipping . . . :(

Logs attached.
EDIT 2019-07-15 useless logs removed

Last edited by PoP; 07-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #489
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Excerpt from your mrpinstaller.log file:
Code:
Package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.14.N I) is not targeting your FW version [!(2443670049 < 3095600028 < 3018920019)] skipping . . . :(
Which is correct, the 'hotfix' is not suppose to be installed using MrPI (MrPI is part of its content, not part of its dependencies).

The 'hotfix' is to be installed by placing package at topmost level of visible USB storage and, either use UYK or just reboot.
Note: I have not kept up with the use of "just reboot" - that may have changed with the newer firmwares.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:20 AM   #490
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Okay, you're using a tremendously old MRPI version. That'd possibly explain some of the failures, and it also means the logs aren't as verbose as I thought they'd be .

Also, that hotfix package you tried wasn't the latest available, which explains why it failed (although, as @knc1 mentioned, you should prefer the "bridge" package for installation over MRPI, the Hotfix has stricter requirements to be able to go through UYK, but both are identical).
Old 07-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #491
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One more hotfix issue report: Kindle Voyage, 5.12.1, the hotfix cannot be installed via Update Your Kindle.

Unfortunately, no ;dm logs from users.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #492
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hius07: Can't tell much without logs, unfortunately .

At least this seems to be 5.12.x specific, and not due to the packaging change I mentioned, since I just successfully pushed it to on my 5.9.7 PW2....

EDIT: Also, still curious about the update.tmp.partial query from earlier .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-15-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:13 PM   #493
hius07
Wizard

Does anybody know how to get syslog on KV?
;dm result isn't good (attached).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 611_logs_as_of_Mon_Jul_15_20.39.50_GMT+3.0100_2019.txt.zip (286 Bytes, 103 views)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #494
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
...the 'hotfix' is not suppose to be installed using MrPI (MrPI is part of its content, not part of its dependencies).

The 'hotfix' is to be installed by placing package at topmost level of visible USB storage and, either use UYK or just reboot....
Thanks @knc1, I knew that. But seeing the screenshot warning, even before trying UYK, I thought my memory was failing and attempted to install anyway with MRPI, hence the rejection message.

Quote:
that hotfix package you tried wasn't the latest available, which explains why it failed (although, as @knc1 mentioned, you should prefer the "bridge" package for installation over MRPI, the Hotfix has stricter requirements to be able to go through UYK, but both are identical).
Indeed it was an old hotfix , As soon as I UYK with the current one, it installed fine without any screenshot warning. I also had the bridge package in a kind of (unecessary) belt + suspenders. Thanks, I'll know better next time.

Quote:
@PoP: Okay, you're using a tremendously old MRPI version. That'd possibly explain some of the failures, and it also means the logs aren't as verbose as I thought they'd be .
Yep again. With the new MRPI all the more recent packages, linkss, python, ssaver... install successfully. Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

Sidebar:

I struggled a little to install kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r16144.tar.xz. I initially followed the 'simply unpack instructions' which placed nothing in the extensions/MRInstaller/bin and lib (explaining why I remained on the old version).

I ended up manually unpacking the extensions/MRInstaller/data/mrpi-PW2.tar.gz to retrieve the extension/MRInstaller/bin/PW2/kindletool and extensions/MRInstaller/lib/PW2/libz.so.1 required for my device.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #495
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hius07: On which FW version?

EDIT: I'm not seeing anything weird with the ;dm script on 5.12.1, whether PW2 or KV, the system log is the first thing they dump in both cases :?.

@PoP: In short, that's the usual "I unpacked a tar.something into a .tar instead of correctly dealing with it it one go" issue of most unarchivers on Windows, right?

EDIT: The missing zlib lib and kindletool binary is perfectly normal. It's designed to be shipped as the tarballs in data, MRPI itself silent unpacks the right version at runtime if needed.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-15-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje