Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #391
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemisphire View Post
I'd argue The Boys is his masterpiece, and that's what you get here.
yeah, I guess I do need to try it. Though the image of the superheroes flying out of the toilet coupled with my overall feelings on Preacher have kept me from reading it so far.

I do remember thinking his writing on Jack Kirby's Demon comic was very good and I thought it paired very well with John McCrea's art.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #392
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
yeah, I guess I do need to try it. Though the image of the superheroes flying out of the toilet coupled with my overall feelings on Preacher have kept me from reading it so far.

I do remember thinking his writing on Jack Kirby's Demon comic was very good and I thought it paired very well with John McCrea's art.
Amazon Prime Video just released Season 1 (I don't know if that will be the only season) of "The Boys." While the book is frequently better than the movie (or, in this case, comic better than TV show) it might be a way to try it out (if you have Prime).
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #393
ottdmk
Guru
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
I'll be passing on the Ennis Humble Bundle. Ennis has never really worked for me; I like superheroes too much to enjoy his decidedly cynical (and, imho, bitter) take on them.

For another couple of days there is a nice Open Road bundle. I'm probably gonna pick it up. I already own three of the books, but that still leaves 19 I don't...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #394
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I'll be passing on the Ennis Humble Bundle. Ennis has never really worked for me; I like superheroes too much to enjoy his decidedly cynical (and, imho, bitter) take on them.
Eh, I kinda agree with his feelings towards superheroes. I'm a comics reader still, but that's only because the '80's black and white explosion, Marvel's Epic Comics and then later DC's Vertigo helped me to see that comics don't have to feature guys in tights hitting guys in tights.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #395
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Speaking of non-superhero comics, the great indie publisher Fantagraphics is having a linewide sale through August 1. Between 50-60% off.

I'd recommend:
The Complete Peanuts
Love & Rockets
The Steve Ditko Archives
Usagi Yojimbo