Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #1
semola
semola began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h2o
DeDRM tool for Calibre 3.48.0

Hallo to everyone,

I have just downloaded Calibre portable 64 bit ver. 3.48.0 for Win7.
I whish to know what version of DeDRM tool is needed for this Calibre version
and where I can find it. (My Ebook reader is Kobo Libra H2o)

Thank You in advance

Semola
semola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by semola View Post
Hallo to everyone,

I whish to know what version of DeDRM tool is needed for this Calibre version
and where I can find it. (My Ebook reader is Kobo Libra H2o)

Thank You in advance

Semola
Any reason you cannot use the current Calibre version 5?

Any case, here's the link you need to be able to download DeDRM 6.8.1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by semola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any reason you cannot use the current Calibre version 5?
As far as I know, there is no Calibre Portable 64 bit available for download.

Jon, notice the "for Win7" in the OP. 3.48 is the recommended version.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #4
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I'm confused. The webpage for the portable download says: "The calibre Portable build can be run on any Windows computer running at least Windows 8. It is self contained, your calibre libraries and settings are all kept together in one place."
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I'm confused. The webpage for the portable download says: "The calibre Portable build can be run on any Windows computer running at least Windows 8. It is self contained, your calibre libraries and settings are all kept together in one place."
Older versions of calibre supported earlier 32bit Windows versions. Calibre 4 dropped support for Windows 7

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As far as I know, there is no Calibre Portable 64 bit available for download.

Jon, notice the "for Win7" in the OP. 3.48 is the recommended version.
Then my question is any reason you cannot upgrade to Win 10 and run Calibre 5?
Old 08-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think 6.8.1 should work

https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...ses/tag/v6.8.1

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Then my question is any reason you cannot upgrade to Win 10 and run Calibre 5?
Can you please stop suggesting everyone updates to Windows 10? There are some computers that simply cannot handle the system requirements; my previous computer was one.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:37 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've found that a lot of people just don't want to upgrade. It has nothing to do with not being able to run Windows 10. But because of not wanting to upgrade, they lose out on running some current software such as Calibre 5.x.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #11
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Can you please stop suggesting everyone updates to Windows 10? There are some computers that simply cannot handle the system requirements; my previous computer was one.
Not that it's really my business, but I wonder which modern computer (by modern I mean produced in the last 10 years) wouldn't be able to handle the system requirements for Win10? I updated my cheap low-end Lenovo laptop to Windows 10 in 2015 and it had no issues. The requirements for W10 are so low that it must be a pretty ancient machine which is not capable of handling them... or one still running XP or Vista.

Now with Windows 11 it's another story. A lot of older computers, even very capable ones, are not compatible.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:39 PM   #12
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
For what it's worth, you can't really run Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet with an SDD under 64Gig. Lots of the cheap ones being sold new today with an SSD have only 32 Gigs.

While Windows 10 will install on a 32 Gig machine, it doesn't leave much room.
Any large update will fail because there isn't enough room for the update. And there isn't much room for normal files. Win 7 doesn't have this problem.

Been there. Done that. Now its a nice Chromebook.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #13
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
For what it's worth, you can't really run Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet with an SDD under 64Gig. Lots of the cheap ones being sold new today with an SSD have only 32 Gigs.
That's indeed the only valid reason I see for not upgrading to Win10: a system disk that's smaller than 64GB and cannot (easily) be upgraded.

In all other cases: if your system can run Win7 comfortably, it can run Win10.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 04:34 PM   #14
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not that it's really my business, but I wonder which modern computer (by modern I mean produced in the last 10 years) wouldn't be able to handle the system requirements for Win10? I updated my cheap low-end Lenovo laptop to Windows 10 in 2015 and it had no issues. The requirements for W10 are so low that it must be a pretty ancient machine which is not capable of handling them... or one still running XP or Vista.

Now with Windows 11 it's another story. A lot of older computers, even very capable ones, are not compatible.
My old computer had Windows Vista, but I upgraded it to 7 without much trouble. I think it was built in 2007 - at the very tail-end of the capacitor plague (I ended up replacing the video card).

My issue wasn't so much system requirements as incompatible drivers that were unlikely to be updated by the manufacturer.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 01:57 AM   #15
gsquared
Innkeeper
gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gsquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
Even the system disk should not be problem. According to MS, Windows 10 and 7 both require 16GB for 32 bit installation and 20GB for 64bit. Given that a 128GB flash drive costs $10 at Amazon, I see no reason why anyone should hang on to Windows 7 due to lack of disk space. And multiple reasons why an upgrade to 10 is simply common sense.
gsquared is offline   Reply With Quote