Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #436
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah. my vision was have something that watched the voltage level and when it hit 70% just kill the charging until it hit 65% or something like that

"Interferenceware"

: )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #437
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Yeah. my vision was have something that watched the voltage level and when it hit 70% just kill the charging until it hit 65% or something like that

"Interferenceware"

: )
On the K3, in "DIAGS_MODE" it is scripted.
I recall reading it, when figuring out why the USB PHY burned out but do not recall **where** in the scripting I read it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #438
ainaarix
ainaarix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Need Help

I try to debrick my Kindle 4 NT. I followed instruction in guide for "noobs", everything was ok till I got to Mfg tool. I selected "kindle fastboot", pressed "start"and after few sec mfg tool showed "please connect device" so I don't get anywhere. I am novice in this... for a year I was using kindle for reading and not booting
ainaarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #439
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainaarix View Post
I try to debrick my Kindle 4 NT. I followed instruction in guide for "noobs", everything was ok till I got to Mfg tool. I selected "kindle fastboot", pressed "start"and after few sec mfg tool showed "please connect device" so I don't get anywhere. I am novice in this... for a year I was using kindle for reading and not booting
You did not provide enough details to determine which of many possible problems may have happened. Perhaps MfgTool did not see a kindle attached in USB Downloader mode because you had successfully switched it to fastboot mode just like you told it to do...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #440
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On the K3, in "DIAGS_MODE" it is scripted.
I recall reading it, when figuring out why the USB PHY burned out but do not recall **where** in the scripting I read it.
helpful! Thanks : )
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #441
ainaarix

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You did not provide enough details to determine which of many possible problems may have happened. Perhaps MfgTool did not see a kindle attached in USB Downloader mode because you had successfully switched it to fastboot mode just like you told it to do...

You are right, I think MFgTool did not see a Kindle attached. What maybe the reasons.....?
I already switched Kindle to USB recovery mode. Open MFgTtool and press fastboot mode and nothing is happening...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #442
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainaarix View Post
You are right, I think MFgTool did not see a Kindle attached. What maybe the reasons.....?
I already switched Kindle to USB recovery mode. Open MFgTtool and press fastboot mode and nothing is happening...
Did MfgTool show an attached Freescale device? By "press fastboot mode" do you mean that you selected fastboot from the menu, or that you pressed the start button after selecting fastboot?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #443
ainaarix

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Did MfgTool show an attached Freescale device? By "press fastboot mode" do you mean that you selected fastboot from the menu, or that you pressed the start button after selecting fastboot?
It didn't show Freescale device. I even tried to open Kindle back cover and take off all conections but even that not going true Screen still is frozen.

What is the best way how to reboot it?
When i opened the ADV and set it up and switch next-it showed no USB detected. Maybe drivers not installed!? Win7 32bit.
When i tried with MfgTool after pressing start button it just not working ( no USB detect)
"Press and keep pressed the power switch until LED turns off, then press the magic button (while power switch is still pressed) and finally release the power switch "
After this point i stacked.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #444
PabloEr
PabloEr began at the beginning.

Device: K3wifi
Help me dear guru

1. Buy Kindle 3 wifi on ebay
2. Recieved. Open. see 3.4 firmware.
3. Make downgrade with ATK V 1.67 to 3.0.2
4. ATK write: success
5. Brik
- Not power on (15 / 30 / 60 sec, power + magic key volume down known key shortcuts - don't yield result)
- repeated firmware + repeated firmware - the same
- charging from charging device - yellow light on (4...6 hours) and die away. Make charging more 20 hours.
- If to get and again to turn on charging plug - again the yellow indicator on.
- The computer sees the device BLANK RINGO it is possible to download firmware again

What me to do?
I in mourning, badly sleep...
PabloEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #445
term1nat0r
term1nat0r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 SO
Hi guys!
Just want to warn my English is bad. And I know nothing about Linux. Only windows...
I upgraded the Kindle keyboard to version 3.4 and I did not like it.
I decided to downgrade.
I downloaded the kernel-3.0.2 and mmcblk0p1-3.0.2 and ATK.
Launched ATK. And here, I think I made a mistake and wrote kernl in 0x0 ... (yeah i'm an idiot )
But all writed in 3 hours with no problems or errors and ATK wrote "Finished!"
Kindle will not start. In Device Manager, there is "Jungo". (I understand the Kindle is still in the USB download mode)

I tried to understand all that is written in this thread and I hope I understood correctly:
I need to:
1. flash partitiontable-header-uboot.img in 0x0
2. flash kernl in 000041000
3. flash mmcblk0p1-3.0.2-fatstory in 00031000

Only in that order.
If I perform 1st paragraph, all that I have done up to this to do over again?
Thank you.
term1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #446
setinhere
setinhere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
ATK Output

Failed to intial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target error...

drivers are installed for a K3
they show in System Devices as MX35

Using ATC v.1.67
First Menu...
Device Setting:
iMX CPU:iMX35_T02
Device memory initial: MDDR
Host Setting:
Communication Channel: USB

Second Menu...
Flash Tool and then Go

Third Menu...
Operation type: Program
Flash Device:
Flash Model: MMC/SD
Operation settings:
Address00041000)
Size: (nothing entered)
Image: Kernel.bin

Any suggestions?
setinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #447
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
term1nat0r: It's worser. The steps 1 & 2 are right. What is that mmcblk0p1-3.0.2-fatstory you mention in step 3? Where do you have that from?
You need another thing additional to step 1 & 2 to make your device fully working again: The device-specific information. I still don't know of any image of that - you could try to get your hands on a working unit and make a backup of its device specific info. Of course you would still need to edit it to match your device (serial number, MAC address). Warning: not so easy...

setinhere: what Windows are you using? 32bit? 64bit? On a "bare metal" or a virtual system? What device is shown in the Windows device manager? You speek of a "MX35". Please give the full title (or attach a screenshot). Are you really sure you put your device in USB downloader mode?
All parameters you mention sound right.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #448
term1nat0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
What is that mmcblk0p1-3.0.2-fatstory you mention in step 3? Where do you have that from?
I took it from here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByA...G9SdlZBb2dBa00
Link on it was in one of the articles - translations of K3noobdebrickatk in Russian (http://habrahabr.ru/sandbox/49167/). Is it wrong file?

Quote:
Of course you would still need to edit it to match your device (serial number, MAC address). Warning: not so easy...
Only MAC an Serial? What will happen if I do not specify this information? Kindle will not go online?
If Only MAC and Serial i think i I can find mac on my router and serial in amazon site. The question is how to write to the device

Quote:
setinhere: what Windows are you using? 32bit? 64bit? On a "bare metal" or a virtual system?
Its Windows 7x86 Ultimate on a "bare metal". If it will be need i can run Ubuntu in virtual system or can install it on "bare metal". But I am a complete noob at this system.

Quote:
What device is shown in the Windows device manager? You speek of a "MX35". Please give the full title (or attach a screenshot). Are you really sure you put your device inUSB downloader mode?
Now I have a problem. I charged the Kindle all night and half of a day.
Now as I connected it to my Computer Install the new storage device: Kindle Internal Storage USB Device..

Uff.. I turned it into a USB downloader again.

And I think it would be helpful too [IMG]

http://s018.radikal.ru/i508/1302/47/577042046b0a.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #449
term1nat0r

YAHOOOO! I did it! My Kindle is alive again!
But the serial number and MAC address is erased ... Can you please tell me how to write them?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #450
twobob

GM says how to do that on the Debricking thread somewheres...

idme vars something Or something? I forget

check out exactly what...

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3