Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Paperwhite: Blurry Letters on Page Turns

Haven't been able to find this on forum search or Google search. This is the first Kindle I've owned so I would like to know if it is normal, a PW thing or what.

Every time I turn a page I see the letters move and blur. Does anyone else see this, and if so, does it bother you or is it something you get used to?
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I keep all my Kindles on refresh after ever page. This way you don't have that effect that every 6 pages refresh and it gives it a cleaner screen.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Blossom. I didn't realize that was the same thing as the ghosting people were referring to. That does help to have it refresh on every page.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Thanks, Blossom. I didn't realize that was the same thing as the ghosting people were referring to. That does help to have it refresh on every page.
Yeah it's part of the ghosting. I hear it's bad on the PW but not too bad on the K4.

I have enough problems with letters and words moving and dancing without my Kindle actually moving them for me so it's the first thing I change when I get a new Kindle.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard

LOL. It is so different from reading on the Fire or the Kindle apps that I was really taken aback by it. Almost made me feel carsick.
Advert