Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #76
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Kiwidude,

One follow-up:

On running an author (I just did Nora Roberts for my wife), on the Predefined Fantastic Fiction, I got 397 lines after hitting Preview... but the Next button never highlighted.
I notice that there are a bunch of blank Lines too, with the only data being the author, Nora Roberts.

Same problem with David Eddings: Used FF, got 43 lines with 7 blank line here and there, and no Next button highlighted

any ideas why it came to a halt? Or what I can do?

Last edited by Tom SKP; 09-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #77
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Kiwidude,

One follow-up:

On running an author (I just did Nora Roberts for my wife), on the Predefined Fantastic Fiction, I got 397 lines after hitting Preview... but the Next button never highlighted.
I notice that there are a bunch of blank Lines too, with the only data being the author, Nora Roberts.

Same problem with David Eddings: Used FF, got 43 lines with 7 blank line here and there, and no Next button highlighted

I see this also.

I delete the 'blank(ish)' lines, then it seems to be a 'Go'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #78
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I see this also.

I delete the 'blank(ish)' lines, then it seems to be a 'Go'
Wow!!! First of all I didn't know you could delete lines until you mentioned it! So now I found the right click to Remove Book! Thank you!!!!
That may solve some of the other failures I had.

Soooo, I guess the question if whether the xpath or something else can be changed to automatically remove blank lines...???

Sure would be nice
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #79
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
This plugin hasnt had much attention for a long time, and a number of the websites have changed. I have been updating the xpaths and urls and will also be revisiting a number of the unanswered posts on this thread to see if any other suggestions are worth the effort to include. It could be that the FantasticFiction one needs some tweaking, I will try to replicate the issue when I next get a chance to work on it...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #80
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Kiwidude,

One follow-up:

Just had a brief look at this. Sure enough it is the xpath for the website page that is the problem. Specifically where it tries to get the series index value. If you blank out the Series Index xpath (erase the "text()") you will see all those "blank" lines disappear. Unfortunately of course that also means every book gets its series index set to zero.

Currently I have validation logic in the wizard which says if the title for a book is blank, then don't let you proceed. That is why the Next button is grayed out, and as theducks pointed out, a workaround is to delete those rows with blank titles.

I will have a play to see if I can get another xpath expression which works, though this particular website is a real pain for trying to do this as the html is very poorly structured. Alternatively I could change the wizard so that any lines with blank titles just get ignored rather than stopping you from going to the next page.
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #81
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf23 View Post
I had the problem of multiple values for "tags" in XPath, and the preview showed additional lines without title, but with author(s) and one tag per line.
Hi wolf23,

Thanks very much for taking the time to investigate a patch etc. Unfortunately that exact approach would break too many other fields (for an example of why you can try with the FantasticFiction website). However if restricted to just the tags field it should be fine, if not quite as flexible. This plugin has so many features/options as it is I am reluctant to try to throw one more in front of users

I will put the change in the new version I will release shortly.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #82
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.2 released

Changes in this release:
  • Remove the select next matched/unmatched etc buttons/menus. Replace with Show All/Matched/Unmatched radio buttons that filter.
  • Add a predefined setting for the Goodreads search results page
  • Fix various broken predefined settings from changes to websites being scraped
  • Change logic so that if scraped website book data has no title it is not added to the right-hand side preview books list
  • Always put a horizontal scroll bar on both lists in the Resolve page of wizard to reduce change of vertical scrolling out of sync
  • If multiple values for a tags field from xpath when scraping off the web, separate the values with a comma and store as a single value.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #83
wolf23
wolf23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssee HD Frontlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Hi wolf23,

Thanks very much for taking the time to investigate a patch etc. Unfortunately that exact approach would break too many other fields (for an example of why you can try with the FantasticFiction website). However if restricted to just the tags field it should be fine, if not quite as flexible. This plugin has so many features/options as it is I am reluctant to try to throw one more in front of users
Hi kiwidude,

Thanks for the enhancement! Great.
Naturally, my approach for all fields is too generic, especially in cases like the FantasticFiction website

And you are right: keep it simple, no unneeded widget elements. The solution not to add books without title to the preview is the best one for all cases.

Thanks again!
wolf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #84
wolf23

enhancement proposal: multiple values in custom columns

Hi kiwidude,

sometimes I want to add multiple values in custom columns as tag list. I found a solution, see attached diff.

I hope I did it right - just for custom columns AND of type "is_multiple": if "is_names"-column then join with " & ", else join with ", ".

(no interference of FantasticFiction or other predefined settings this time ;-) )
Attached Files
File Type: zip tab_webpage.diff.zip (443 Bytes, 321 views)
Old 09-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #85
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Great Upgrade!!!

Hi kiwidude,

Fantastic upgrade
And I was just getting used to deleting the blank lines...

Looks good to me! Thanks very much
Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #86
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Submission from wolf23 to support comma separated values for any type of custom column that supports multiple values.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #87
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Great updates! It's fun to use this plugin, it allows me to add all my audiobooks to the collection pain free! Thank you very much!
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #88
wolf23

thanks, kiwidude!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #89
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
When importing dates (like publication date) from a CSV file, one day seems to be subtracted from the date in the file.

This is most obvious if you have a date like "01 Jan 1988", and it is stored as "31 Dec 1987", so Calibre displays it as "Dec 1987".
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #90
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
When importing dates (like publication date) from a CSV file, one day seems to be subtracted from the date in the file.

This is most obvious if you have a date like "01 Jan 1988", and it is stored as "31 Dec 1987", so Calibre displays it as "Dec 1987".
I think its to do with the fact that Calibre adjusts all dates according to your locale.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types