Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #2266
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Released: James Potter and the Morrigan Web

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #2267
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Awesome! I have the first 3 in the series but haven't read them just yet. Thanks for posting this Alan
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #2268
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe2 View Post
You wait until I can change that title....I think I can after 10 posts or something. I have to come up with something good, definitely can't do the Junior thing. I'm at least 1000 years old .

ETA: Changed now
Ha ha, love the new user tag.
Although now thanks to Alan, I'm saying Leanansidhe with a Sean Connery accent.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #2269
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
It's stuck in my head too! I love Sean Connery though, so I don't mind his voice being stuck in my head.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #2270
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Sean Connery's accent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Quote:
It's stuck in my head too! I love Sean Connery though, so I don't mind his voice being stuck in my head.
Al...I'm glad I was of some help to you.

Lea...Hey, me too, since when I think 'junior' I hear Connery saying it in my head. The trouble is I've never heard him say 'Leanansidhe' and because of that I:

1. don't know how he pronounces it.
2. therefore I'm unable to hear him saying it in my head
3. which leads to my not being able to say it with his accent!!

Oh well!

Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #2271
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

I thought I would jump in on the countdown that's been going on until the release of Skin Game...

111 DAYS!!!

We're getting close
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #2272
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
I thought I would jump in on the countdown that's been going on until the release of Skin Game...

111 DAYS!!!

We're getting close
Not close enough!!!!!!! It's still a whole Eleventy-One Days away!!!!!!!!!!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #2273
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Proven Guilty

Quote:

Molly and Charity return from Arctis Tor and reunite with the family at Saint Mary of the Angels.

Dresden's soulgaze of Molly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Morgan had a fresh cut on one of his ears and his left wrist was tightly wrapped in medical tape. Even so, he stood calmly and steadily, the sword of the White Council’s justice resting with its tip on the floor, his hands folded over the weighted pommel. His expression, as he saw me, was impossible to read. I was used to flat contempt and hostility from the man. Hell, I was used to feeling the same thing about Morgan in reply.

But I’d seen him in action. I’d learned a little bit about what his life was like. I understood what moved him better than I had in the past, and I couldn’t simply dislike him anymore. I respected the man. It didn’t mean that I wouldn’t pants him on national television if I got the opportunity, but I couldn’t simply dismiss him outright anymore, either.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-14-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #2274
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool White Night

Quote:
WOWZERS! Loved re-reading Dead Beat. I finished it last night! Now on to Proven Guilty!!
Holy Cow!! Proven Guilty!! What an awesome re-read! Now on to White Night!

Last edited by alansplace; 08-14-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #2275
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror

Quote:
The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror, 2013 Edition
Peter S. Beagle (Author), Jim Butcher (Author), Neil Gaiman (Author), Caitlin R. Kiernan (Author), Paula Guran (Editor)
3.5 out of 5 stars
Digital List Price: $6.99
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #2276
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Holy Cow!! Proven Guilty!! What an awesome re-read! Now on to White Night!

I'll never catch up to you . I'm just past the middle of Grave Peril now...and realized a horrible mistake I've made.

Twice Lea's name has been mentioned and both times it was spelled Leanandsidhe...with a "d"
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #2277
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I'll never catch up to you . I'm just past the middle of Grave Peril now...and realized a horrible mistake I've made.

Twice Lea's name has been mentioned and both times it was spelled Leanandsidhe...with a "d"
Holy Cow! I hope it wasn't me!! I know better. Hey you lost the '2'! Very cool!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #2278
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Apparently Butcher Approved...

There is a new fan film: Night Light coming out in September.

Link includes a preview, cast list and a picture of Jim with a note, although the look on his face is questionable.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #2279
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Holy Cow! I hope it wasn't me!! I know better. Hey you lost the '2'! Very cool!
I didn't even notice the 2 was gone! I better thank Dreams, she's been such a help to me since I registered.

ETA: It's even spelled without the d in the wiki: http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Leanansidhe

And on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...les_characters

Last edited by leanansidhe; 08-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #2280
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Night Light trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
There is a new fan film: Night Light coming out in September.

Link includes a preview, cast list and a picture of Jim with a note, although the look on his face is questionable.
WOW!

....and here is the trailer!

...and the big-budget ad campaign!

Last edited by alansplace; 08-15-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add info...

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy