Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #16
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
The "new" list for Q2 '19 looks identical to Q1 to me.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #17
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Finally getting around to making my 2Q2019 selections.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2019, 05:38 AM   #18
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The 3Q2019 selections are available. The selections seem to be the same as those offered last quarter. I'll hold off on choosing any, in hopes the options might be updated at some point before September 30.

CAUTION:
Be careful to read book description at the Amazon website or in your Amazon app, NOT in the IHG app, where clicking on a book (even to see its description) automatically purchases any book you haven't already purchased it in the past.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #19
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Although most of these are still good choices (as evidenced by the fact that I already own a bunch of them), there don't seem to be a lot of new choices. So I'm having trouble finding one that I want. Yeah, even for free...

As a normal hum-drum member, I get a book twice a year. Does anyone know how that works precisely?

Since I presumably won't get another choice next quarter (fourth quarter), will my chance to get a book hold over into the fourth quarter? Or having been "awarded" it in the third quarter, do I have to use it in the third quarter?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #20
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Although most of these are still good choices (as evidenced by the fact that I already own a bunch of them), there don't seem to be a lot of new choices. So I'm having trouble finding one that I want. Yeah, even for free...

As a normal hum-drum member, I get a book twice a year. Does anyone know how that works precisely?

Since I presumably won't get another choice next quarter (fourth quarter), will my chance to get a book hold over into the fourth quarter? Or having been "awarded" it in the third quarter, do I have to use it in the third quarter?
I haven't claimed a selection yet this year (last time Q3/Q4 2018) and my list has not changed at all. I'm getting tired of waiting for it to change. It may be possible that it will not change until I make a selection.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #21
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post

It appears skinmaan's answered your question. If you're seeking an official answer, then the source is IHG Rewards Club Customer Care. "Contact Customer Care" is a menu option in the IHG app, and telephone numbers are listed on this Web page. Would you please let us know what the answer is? (As someone else may have the same question.)

Last edited by Froide; 08-16-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:22 PM   #22
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I haven't claimed a selection yet this year (last time Q3/Q4 2018) and my list has not changed at all. I'm getting tired of waiting for it to change. It may be possible that it will not change until I make a selection.
I'm ready for a new line-up of choices, too. If only making a selection would refresh the options! Alas, that's not the case.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #23
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Good timing, I just got an email from them; a (monthly?) rewards club statement. It shows my (will never be more than) 0 point balance and says in the top left that my bi-annual free kindle credit refreshes on x/x/xx date. It appears that bi-annual is twice a year for them.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:39 AM   #24
Froide
Wizard

Today's October 1, 2019, which heralds a new quarter for IHG Rewards Club members to snag free Kindle ebooks. See this post for more details.

There are too many selections to list them all, but here are the categories in the order presented:
  • Top Fiction
  • Nonfiction
Looks like the same pickins' offered the past few quarters. (I'm now rummaging past titles I could otherwise read free via Prime Reading/Prime Reading Eligible and sure hope IHG'll update the selections in 1Q2020.)

Last edited by Froide; 10-23-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #25
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Just got a notice that this "benefit" ends Dec 31, 2019.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #26
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Just got a notice that this "benefit" ends Dec 31, 2019.
SeaBookGuy, would you please clarify the nature of the notice you received? Is it a reminder that your 4Q2019 free ebook(s) credit(s) will expire after December 31, 2019? Or, is it an advisement (that I am unaware of) that this benefit is being terminated on December 31, 2019?

As of today, the "Free Kindle eBooks" page in the IHG app (still) states: "Benefits refresh on 1/1/20", and the Platinum Elite Member benefits list on the "Here for your stay, and your day" page, under "Enhance every stay with extra comfort", (still) states: "2 free Amazon Kindle eBooks per Quarter"/Footnote 11: "Available to members in the US and UK only".
Old 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #27
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I got a notification via email...

Quote:
Last chance to discover your next story
Thank you for participating in the IHG® Rewards Club extra benefits program with Amazon Kindle! Starting in 2020, free Kindle eBooks will no longer be offered as an extra benefit to IHG® Rewards Club members, but you can check out all your other amazing benefits here!

As of October 1, you have 1 free Kindle eBook available for download up until 11:59pm PST on December 31, 2019. From dramatic romances to thrilling mysteries, your next journey is right at your fingertips. Just open your IHG App and choose from a variety of titles.
The "1 free Kindle eBook" is obviously personalized, but I suspect it will be the same for all...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #28
Froide
Wizard

Thank you sufue and SeaBookGuy. Based on your posts, I've searched my email account, but I haven't yet received that notification. I appreciate the heads-up.

Edited to add:

Other sites have begun posting about this notification, as well.

Last edited by Froide; 10-23-2019 at 04:22 PM.