Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
Nabtaker
Nabtaker began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK
how to Contact Kovidgoyal

Dear Kovidgoyal
We need your help for a project in Dubai, and we dont know how to contact you

could you please provide us with contact details or contact us at info@nabtaker.ae

so that we can share more details with you

Regards
Nabtaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply send me a PM right here on mobileread.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Nabtaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Simply send me a PM right here on mobileread.
I might be too dump for that, But I did not find any button for PMs

Old 07-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabtaker View Post
I might be too dump for that, But I did not find any button for PMs

It is an anti-spammer feature
You need to be a board user for a short while, then the full features will appear (incl. PM)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
My email address is also at the top of most files in the calibre source code, so if you dont want to wait for the PM feature to be activated, you can use that, but be aware that since the address is public and I get a lot of email, it is not the most reliable method.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #6
Nabtaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
My email address is also at the top of most files in the calibre source code, so if you dont want to wait for the PM feature to be activated, you can use that, but be aware that since the address is public and I get a lot of email, it is not the most reliable method.
ok got it, and sent you an email, hopefully it will not reach spam

k****@*********l.net

please confirm the receipt and your interest,

Have a good night
Regards
Old 09-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #7
SeniorGolfer
SeniorGolfer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Dear Kovid Goyal,
After using Calibre for many years and now having amassed 2 thousand odd books. I find at the age of 81, they I see a book and load it onto my Nexus and then find that I have already read it. That's the problem with old age, the memory goes adrift.
I have created a column which I now put a Y (to indicate that it had already been loaded) and then removed from the device.
Being lazy and knowing that you like to improve Calibre, would it not be possible to indicate on Calibre that it has been load at one time of other, say by an asterisk against the title.
If not, then I will carry on as I am now.

Hope your move back to India went well, I have never been there, yet my son raves about it. The nearest to it was Sri Lanka, I must get around to it soon, as time is passing rather quickly. Best of luck. Dave
SeniorGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I use the reading list plugin with a custom column to do that.
I add books to one reading list to synchronize books to the device, and another reading list to remove them from the device. The first reading list sets the custom column to Y, the second sets it to N and both lists are cleared after synchronizing with the device.

If a book is deleted on the device, there will be a Y in the column, but the book won't be on the device, so it's obvious it was added previously.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote