Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
ConstantineXVI
ConstantineXVI began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2I
First Kindle "active content" games appear

Noticed this morning Amazon quietly dropped the first bits of "active content" in the Kindle Store. They're a pair of word games developed by Amazon, Every Word and Shuffled Row. Both free, run on all 2nd-gen Kindles with current FW.
ConstantineXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Be forewarned... Amazon has made it *IMPOSSIBLE* to deliver these games to more than *ONE* Kindle registered to your account!!! I downloaded a copy - they are free, by the way - and showed it to my mom. When she requested that I get it on *HER* K2, Amazon baulked and informed me to go to 'Manage My Kindle' to have it delivered. *THERE* it specifically stated I couldn't schedule it for delivery!

Wat to go AMAZON!!!!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
Kindle Addict
kindict
Kindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, Kobo, iPad, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Be forewarned... Amazon has made it *IMPOSSIBLE* to deliver these games to more than *ONE* Kindle registered to your account!!! I downloaded a copy - they are free, by the way - and showed it to my mom. When she requested that I get it on *HER* K2, Amazon baulked and informed me to go to 'Manage My Kindle' to have it delivered. *THERE* it specifically stated I couldn't schedule it for delivery!

Wat to go AMAZON!!!!

Derek
Interesting - I can't see any Kindle-specific data that restricts the app to just one Kindle. I downloaded the azw2 files to my PC and copied the files over to my Documents folder.

I don't have a second Kindle, but I'd be curious if you could just copy the azw2 file to your second Kindle and see if that works.
Kindle Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
Kindle Addict
kindict
Kindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, Kobo, iPad, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Addict View Post
Interesting - I can't see any Kindle-specific data that restricts the app to just one Kindle. I downloaded the azw2 files to my PC and copied the files over to my Documents folder.

I don't have a second Kindle, but I'd be curious if you could just copy the azw2 file to your second Kindle and see if that works.
I tried copying the game files I downloaded over to my co-worker's DX, and it came up with a "Not Authorized" error. The file type is azw2, but all of the 'usual' programs don't 'liberate' the game. I'm sure some enterprising individuals are already hard at work on this!

For now, it really does seem like one copy of each game for each account.
Kindle Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Check "Archived Items" with the wireless turned on for the Kindles registered on your account. The games should show up and can be downloaded directly to the Kindle that way.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert