Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
allawler
allawler began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Unhappy HELP-Downloading ebooks?

For Christmas I got a new Sony Reader PRS-300.
I also got a gift card for ebooks.com, which I promptly used to buy forty dollars worth of books. But when I tried to put them on my PRS-300, I got an error message saying I do not have permission to put the book on my reader? Why is this, and how do I fix it?
The books are in PDF format which (I've been told) is compatible with my reader. I've installed the software, and the reader software won't recognize the new ebooks at all, and the ebook software won't let me copy the book to my reader.
allawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Wuwei
Wuwei began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Hi,
I'm not an expert by any means, but it sounds like you may need to authorize your ereader/computer. If you open up the Reader Library app and type in "authorizing your computer" in the help --> search box it will tell you what to do.
Good luck,
Robert
Wuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
allawler
allawler began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks, I just authorized it, but it still won't work!
allawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Did you authorize just the computer or the computer and Reader?

To make sure both are authorized log into your account and go to 'My Account'. At the bottom of your account settings it should tell you that you have 1 Authorized Computer and 1 Authorized Device.

Next make sure you can open the purchased books in the Sony software. If the books can open in the Sony software and you can see the Reader listed in the left hand window pane, just drag and drop these onto the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote