Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
igsy
igsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Adobe Digital Editions

Hello Folks,
This is my first post so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.
Just recently I bought a PRS-505 ( seemed a better bet than the 300 or 600 ) I liked it so much I bought another for my wife !! We both love them and enjoy using them.
However there is just one thing I don't quite get.That is that ADE does not seem to do anything. I can do all I want --buying books and transferring them to our readers etc. but this all happens with ebook library.When I open ADE there are no books there and my reader does not show up there.
Is this perhaps because I am using a Mac.? or am I missing something stupid ?
Experience suggests the later but I would be interested to know so any input would be very welcome.
igsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
On Macs, the ADE's functionality relating to managing encrypted books is now built into the Sony V3 eBook Library software, so you don't need to run it to download them/transfer them to the reader.

Older threads here will refer to workarounds relating to registering the reader to the Adobe ID on Windows, but that shouldn't be needed since the V3 Sony software was released for OSX.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
igsy

ADE

Thanks very much for that Gwyn--put my mind at rest.
Not that it matters too much but does this mean that I can uninstall ADE or is it worth keeping ?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You may want to keep it in case you ever want to read ePub books on your Mac - it's a nicer reader than the Sony software.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
igsy

ADE

Thanks Harry,

Good point, may just want that sometime and it's no sweat to keep it.

Cheers.
Advert