Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
casimps1
casimps1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
"Go to page" feature for image viewer?

I have a Kindle 2 and one of the things I've been trying to figure out how to do is how to efficiently read books that have been scanned as a collection of images. Reading comics/manga is the most obvious practical example of this.

Now, I've read and know about putting them into a ZIP file and using the built-in image viewer, and that works great... with one problem. There doesn't seem to be any way to jump around the book. So, as far as I can tell, if I've got a book consisting of 200 images, and I want to see something at page 200, then I have to hit Next Page 200 times to see it. I'd love to be proven wrong of course.

This is especially problematic if you are reading something that requires a lot of jumping from page to page like a reference manual or a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

Short of a solution involving the built-in image viewer, does anyone know if it's possible to convert a collection of images into a format that does support "Go To Page"? For example, I know that you can embed images into a PRC document... would it be possible to create a PRC that's just a collection of images with one image per page?
casimps1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, manga