Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Plugboard Help!

Hi. I'm looking to do a rather complicated plugboard, and I honestly have no clue how to do it (since I'm completely dumb when it comes to this stuff) and was wondering if you could help.

Currently I'm using this: {series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}

But that's a bit wonky sometimes, and was hoping for something a bit cleaner. I'd like for a plugboard to use the first letter of each word in the series, but not use "T" when the series begins with "The," as well as not using any special characters like &. Also, if the author only has one book series, I'd like there to not be anything except 01, 02, 03 in front of the title name, since I don't need the extra information in that case.

Lastly, in some cases, a book saga (like Terry Brooks' Shannara series, as an example) will have multiple sub-series (The Original Shannara Trilogy, Heritage of Shannara, etc.). I made my own column, titled Saga, where I put series-like information so they appear ordered per the overall structure. I was wondering if that could be incorporated as well, at the beginning, so if you have a book called "The Sword of Shannara" and it's [1] of the Original Shannara Trilogy, and [1] of the Shannara saga, it would come out looking like this:

01 - OST 01 - The Sword of Shannara

I have no clue if any or all of that is possible (or if any of it even made sense), but I would appreciate any help anyone's willing to give!
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote