Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Jaxie
Jaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
HELP MY IQ HAS STOPPED WORKING

Can someone help me, my IQ has just stopped working altogether, it wont even charge. Has anyone else had this problem?

It was perfectly ok a few days ago, then it just would not turn on at all. I am not sure what to do.

a very disappointed Jaxie
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
marf
Enthusiast
marf began at the beginning.

Device: PB701, PB360+
Let's start with the obvious. Is there power to the outlet the charger is plugged into? If you have another charger for the 701 (you probably don't), give that charger a try. Try gently jiggling the charger connector and see if the charging light illuminates. If you have a way to measure voltage, is the charger producing any output voltage, and if so is it near the voltage the 701 requires (12vdc iirc). With such a light load as a VOM (used to measure voltage) the voltage may be somewhat higher than normal.

Pull the SDHC card and see if that helps.

I see two other options here, a reset and popping the cover to pull the battery. It would be up to you to decide which one to do first. Other posters may have additional input on the matter, so if I were you I'd wait a bit before proceeding with either.

Hope you get it fixed, Jaxie. Good luck.
marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
sounds like the charger to me. you can still get a replacement from pocketbook they're $20
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Jaxie
Jaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enoughJaxie will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Hello musicman and marf

Thank you for your replies. I did get it working again and believe it or not it was a very simple problem. The plug adaptor had stopped working. When I bought the Pocketbook it had a European plug soldered onto it, so I had to get an adaptor for it. It has stopped connecting properly. I was lucky that I had a spare adaptor in the house.

My Pocketbook is important to me and has become almost like a little friend. I am a happy bunny again.
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote