Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
Infant Mortality

My 32 day old PRS505 just borked it's screen. The rest still appears to work, but the display is Kaput! I tried everything: charging, warming (condensation), syncing, resetting - if you can think of some combination of button presses I tried it. Have you ever gotten the indicator light to blink orange? Since it was two days past it's in-store return period I wasn't able to get any help from the blue temple where I purchased it. It's now on it's way back to Sony for a replacement/repair.

I fear what will happen if I'm given a different reader. Has anyone had to deal with their DRM'd books like this? Can Sony change the reader ID so I won't have to reload all of my purchased book again? I'm assuming that they will at least allow me to do this. I may have to go back to pbooks for a while - Arrrrrgh!

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The books from the ConnStore (ConnTexts as I like to call them) aren't tied to your Reader, they're tied to your account. Your Reader is also tied to your account, which is what lets you read the books.

If you get a replacement Reader from them all you'll need to do is authorize the replacement to your same account and all your ConnTexts will become usable on the new Reader.

If you can get it to let you do so (and if it really is just the display as you suspect, it probably will let you), I'd suggest you de-authorize your current device from your account before you send it back to them, that way it won't be taking up one of your six permitted slots, and you won't have to call them to have it removed from your account.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert