Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Bluejay59
Bluejay59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question need basic steps after root

Sorry, I am completely new and most threads are way over my head:
I just rooted my PRS-T1 and now I am stuck because I have no experience with rooting. (I do have an Android phone, so I am familiar with Android but it's not rooted.)
Can somebody please tell me the basic steps, e.g.
- how to put new icons on the third screen, eg Android market,
- how to access Dropbox (supposedly it is part of the AMR rooting package but I can't find it; I downloaded it but don't know how to access the downloaded file)
- how to install a Kindle reader, etc.
- is there some kind of browser or how can I get to the sub directories that are mentioned in some articles, I see mention of a root explorer but don't know how to find it.
Better stop here. Thanks!
Bluejay59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
if you used AMR you should find a floppy icon on the 3rd page, it's total commander (a file explorer); with this app you can browse into the reader's folders. For the apps you can download them from google or the wiki and put them in the reader.
Dropbox is not included in amr
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Bluejay59
Bluejay59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question thanks

thank you, Robyshot,

that was very helpful.
Now I am a few steps further, but still stuck in some areas:
- I have installed the Amazon Appstore and Dropbox.
- I keep getting the Android notification "Low in space" even though there is more than 1gb free
- as a result the Appstore does not work
- Open Sudoku installs and then tells me it is not installed
- it seems the device is not compatible with Google play. It won't show up under my devices in Google play (only my Android phone), and I can't find another way of installing Android apps.
- how can I install the Android market on the Sony

who can help me? thanks!
Bluejay59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, basic, root