Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #541
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 4
Hey, if i install doukan in my kindle "special offers". It may remove the ads? I mean, doukan so dont show ads, right?
twilightsenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #542
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsenpai View Post
Hey, if i install doukan in my kindle "special offers". It may remove the ads? I mean, doukan so dont show ads, right?
Duokan is a completely separate OS for Kindle. ( like Windows+Ubuntu on a PC )Hence on Duokan you won't see the ads.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #543
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Duokan is a completely separate OS for Kindle. ( like Windows+Ubuntu on a PC )Hence on Duokan you won't see the ads.
Until they come out with an ad-supported version. Perhaps it will have ads for stuff like this: http://theinternettoday.net/funny/ra...oup-for-sluts/
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #544
goofy01
goofy01 began at the beginning.

I wish to try duokan 2012
I have a Kindle 4 nt with fw 4.1.0

I downloaded the last version K4 None Touch)2012-06-08.C11296.rtm

I unzipped it and I see this directory

DK_System
K4_4.0.0_to_4.0.1
K4_4.1.0

I understood that I have to put on the root of the kindle

1) DK_System

after I go in the directory K4_4.1.0 (i use this fw) and use the files

2) diagnostic_logs
3) data.tar.gz
4) ENABLE_DIAGS

and finally I reboot

Did I understand well?
Is it correct?
goofy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #545
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
1) DK_System

after I go in the directory K4_4.1.0 (i use this fw) and use the files
2) diagnostic_logs
3) data.tar.gz
4) ENABLE_DIAGS
and finally I reboot
correct up to this point

... but not finished yet.

when it boots into diags:
  • reboot in the diags with "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags"> “R) Reboot System” > “Q) To continue”
  • then exit the diags with “D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags” > “D) Disable Diagnostics” > “Q) To continue”
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #546
goofy01

Quote:
correct up to this point

... but not finished yet.

when it boots into diags:
  • reboot in the diags with "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags"> “R) Reboot System” > “Q) To continue”
  • then exit the diags with “D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags” > “D) Disable Diagnostics” > “Q) To continue”
i have a problem

on the first
D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags">
“R) Reboot System” >
“Q) To continue -FW LEFT

i push enter but the kindle doesn't go forward
it's in loop

i see the same menu

tequila - DIsable diagnostic
----1.0.6.194 ---472072
are you sure?
Q) To continue -FW LEFT

----------------

x) Exit - FW right to exit

i push enter on option q) but the kindle doesn't go forward
what can i do?

uao
I restored the fw of default of kindle

Last edited by goofy01; 06-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #547
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i have a problem

on the first
D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags">
“R) Reboot System” >
“Q) To continue -FW LEFT

i push enter but the kindle doesn't go forward
it's in loop

i see the same menu

tequila - DIsable diagnostic
----1.0.6.194 ---472072
are you sure?
Q) To continue -FW LEFT

----------------

x) Exit - FW right to exit

i push enter on option q) but the kindle doesn't go forward
what can i do?

uao
I restored the fw of default of kindle
"FW LEFT" means that you need to push the "Five-Way" (joy pad) LEFT button to continue. Not the "enter" as you said...
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #548
HTT90
HTT90 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT90 View Post
Thanks for reply !!

Have music player in duokan 2012 ?
Help me !! Thanks !!
HTT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #549
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT90 View Post
Help me !! Thanks !!
In the past yes. However they removed the music player because of a bug and don't know the current situation.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #550
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
I have K3-3G

should I uninstall kite before installing duokan ?

I've noticed there are two scripts DuoKanInstall.sh and liteinstall.sh - will I choose which one to install during process or should I copy just one of them ?
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #551
goofy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
"FW LEFT" means that you need to push the "Five-Way" (joy pad) LEFT button to continue. Not the "enter" as you said...
thanks for your support
I have not a big experience but i want to install it

As I said I restored the fw of default of kindle
I tried again to install

I copied again in the root of the Kindle
1) DK_System
2) diagnostic_logs
3) data.tar.gz
4) ENABLE_DIAGS

i reboot and now I have another problem

there is not space

the message is

Duokan used 9MB
Need 14Mb
Available 9MB

Not enough space

my kindle has 1,19 gb free of 1.35
what have I to delete ??

the attached image is the structure of my kindle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	315
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	87688  
Old 06-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #552
geekmaster

Quote:
thanks for your support
I have not a big experience but i want to install it

As I said I restored the fw of default of kindle
I tried again to install

I copied again in the root of the Kindle
1) DK_System
2) diagnostic_logs
3) data.tar.gz
4) ENABLE_DIAGS

i reboot and now I have another problem

there is not space

the message is

Duokan used 9MB
Need 14Mb
Available 9MB

Not enough space

my kindle has 1,19 gb free of 1.35
what have I to delete ??

the attached image is the structure of my kindle
I do not know specifically what they intend that message to mean, but based on the small sizes, I suspect that they mean RAM memory storage space, and not the USB drive file storage space. It could possibly mean /var/local storage (persistent user store), but I think it is RAM...

Try rebooting to free some RAM and then try again. Or, you may need to uninstall some stuff that is in memory always running.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #553
goofy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I suspect that they mean RAM memory storage space, and not the USB drive file storage space. It could possibly mean /var/local storage (persistent user store), but I think it is RAM...

Try rebooting to free some RAM and then try again. Or, you may need to uninstall some stuff that is in memory always running.
i think the same but i don't know how to delete

I tried to reboot but nothing
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #554
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
In the past yes. However they removed the music player because of a bug and don't know the current situation.
Hello thomass.

I've just updated my K3 via wifi directly, & just like the last version, the music player works just fine, so I'm not sure what you mean?
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #555
goofy01

Quote:
i think the same but i don't know how to delete

I tried to reboot but nothing
update

I tried again to install duokan and now I installed it....wow...

thanks to all

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf