Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
pdgmtf
Edge User

Camera Malfunction (possibly)

Alright guys, so I posted this weekend about my issues, but I work at a bookstore that sells Entourage Edge(s), and now I am having an issue with out demo model out on our sales floor.

The camera is just showing black when the app is open, and the same thing happens in the video side of the application. Nothing shows up on the camera. The device did sit for about 2 weeks with no update, which meant the application for the camera/camcorder was not present. I just updated it today, and the icons appeared like they do on my Edge at home, but when I enter the app it appears like the camera is not connected. Just black.

I have tried different combinations of the settings, nothing.
I even restored it to factory defaults, which to me said it would rollback and let me re install the update, but the camera app was still on my applications menu(so master resetting doesnt rollback updates?), and the same problem occurs.
If anyone knows how to reset the device in way that would rollback the update, let me know and I can try that. Or anything else that you might think would fix the problem.

Just keep in mind it's not my actual edge, although I have one, its my stores demo model.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
walt526
Edge User

Sounds like the problem that I was having with my eDGe. I had to RMA and they replaced the camera module (which they confirmed was defective).

Advert