Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Kevsgreat
Kevsgreat began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
HTML to EPUB - Cailbre Image Compression

Hi,

I did a search on this but couldn't find anything on here and I'm having a hard time finding anything on Google.

I'm trying to convert a HTML document to EPUB with Calibre and although I've had a lot of trial and error I feel I'm getting somewhere. I've hit a bit of a brick wall with the image compression Calibre applies to images though, they're coming out looking absolutely terrible.

I can't find any way to change the compression while converting, is there any way to set Calibre to leave images untouched?
Kevsgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Kevsgreat
Kevsgreat began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
What an idiot, turns out it's Word compressing the images when saving to filtered HTML. Great first post!
Kevsgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks for reporting back with the discovered cause.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsgreat View Post
What an idiot, turns out it's Word compressing the images when saving to filtered HTML. Great first post!
Once you get the ePub made, replace the images with the original files. That will solve the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, compression, image