Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
HanLin eReader V3 next-gen E Ink device emerges

While this doesn't mark the first time that we've caught wind of the HanLin (aka lBook) eReader V3, MobileReader miyami is probably among the first e-book aficionados here who put his hands around it. He was also kind enough to shoot some real life (i.e. non-photoshopped) photos for us.

Is it just me or does the interface look remarkably similar to the one of the Sony Reader? Well, no one got hurt here. And, just like the upcoming Cybook Gen3, the V3 is equipped with E Ink's superior Vizplex e-paper technology which promises faster refreshes and a better contrast than previous E Ink devices (this video gives you an idea).

Find the photos and the ongoing discussion here; for specs, check out this older thread.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
"Is it just me or does the interface look remarkably similar to the one of the Sony Reader? Well, no one got hurt here."

the users did. the Sony interface wasn't that good to start with.

why do the chinese go out of their way to be followers and be deadly afraid of almost anything original? i'm pretty sure hanlin's not trying to simply make a knock off, there's just something wrong with its blood.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
hum... no drm support ? except wol I mean
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post
hum... no drm support ? except wol I mean
I do see that as a major problem. I do not know of any of the online shops that actually support wol. And since there is no DRM support, I don't think you'll be finding many publishers wanting to support it. And with not many books available for purchase, what the heck are people going to be reading (not the geeks, but the average person)? I just see this as a stumbling block to it succeeding.

Please, someone prove me wrong.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do see that as a major problem. I do not know of any of the online shops that actually support wol. And since there is no DRM support, I don't think you'll be finding many publishers wanting to support it. And with not many books available for purchase, what the heck are people going to be reading (not the geeks, but the average person)? I just see this as a stumbling block to it succeeding.

Please, someone prove me wrong.
But then how many of the early adopters of this sort of thing aren't geeks? Except Sony who has a strong position in the consumer electronics market, you aren't going to find these other devices on the shelves at your local Best Buy. If they can get some sort of momentum going with the geek gadget crowd and can move beyond it, then maybe it would be time to invest in adding DRM support.

Last edited by Alisa; 08-23-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
This one is selling in China, right? Trust me, the lack of DRM won't be a problem.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote