Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #61
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Oh i see you do it the same way I do. Dig and wait. Too bad I'll have to change political setup for reactor. AFAIR they are available for government type play. I'm rather on the upperright corner of the grid
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #62
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
My team is Askyn ... same as my name here =p
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #63
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
It seems I'll be stuck in lvl 5 for several cycles more, aquiring bucks for 6th level.
Hard to choose between 2000 bucks and 500 energy, which one to surge. Thanks to Freeshadow I got some coal mines, too.

"I found out that its still possible to get rid o the later unuseable drop package items. use them ass ressource for city core upgrades."
Does it mean that I have to drag drop package assets I'm not allowed to sell next to the city core (3 different outputs)? Then what, does the upgrade happen automatically? Do the corners count?
Please, can somebody explain?
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #64
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the corners count yes. but no autoupgrade
when you put an unremoveable item next to a core (of the proper level) before upgrading the core and do it then it will be treated as the other upgrade sacrifices and removed. just use a no-sell item as core upgrade ressource.

another useful thing is that item producers next to a core drain the item they produce from the cores surge output. i prepared a reactor town building (core type; primary output is energy) will surround it with population producers so that the cores population output goes down and surge it then.
one has to remember to rearrange buildings before core upgrades tough or accidentally loose something valuable
Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #65
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Corners count. You need exactly 3 items of your current level or above, which produce 3 different surge assets, adjacent to the core (and the ones from the drop count, if high enough level; otherwise surge them or ignore them, as you wish). Upgrade the three assets, if necessary (and don't have more than three). Click on the core and you'll (finally) see an upgrade button (and it will tell you how much it costs).

Upgrade and every asset touching it disappears (a 9-square section, on mine, since the core landed in the middle). Then surges of it count for more of every asset (but beware of not upgrading energy first before using).

As for choices for surges - use energy first, then build population.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #66
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

exactly and better worded that was!

Ill try to even simplify more:

core special effects:
  • for upgrades cores need 3 fully charged neighbours of current techlevel to canibalize them. each of the neighbours must produce a different ressource
  • neighbours of a core suck half of their oun output from the cores surge output numbers. give a core the right neighbours and you can suppress some of its output of a ressource whenyou surge the core. (birth control-eh?)

Last edited by Freeshadow; 04-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #67
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I don't know what I'm doing but it seems I've earned an ebook. How do you redeem it? When I click on redeem it says no Baen ebooks email found. (The address I used is different than my Baen account).
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #68
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've not had much change to play this, it looks fun.

I've just got to level 2, but can't spend much time on it today. Hopefully I'll be able to get to grips with it properly tomorrow.

I'm Bristol Bob in the game.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #69
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I think I need one more person to join my alliance to get a free book.

Anyone care to click and join? My name there is Askyn.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #70
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post

Done.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #71
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post

You can get books when others join you? I thought it happens only when you join 10 people.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #72
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

i think it happens when both join each other
therefor it shows ally and joined
an alliance works in both directions know and they call it ebook alliances.
i remember that my counter last time ddin't go up until an so I joined rejoined me
now figure what happens when you join people who have already nearly 20 joins... or above
the costs are exponential. I have 27 people atm now who joined me and I scrap money to rejoin nr 19... Dunno iF Ill be able to make it past 20 and theres a book every 10 times
Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #73
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I don't know what I'm doing but it seems I've earned an ebook. How do you redeem it? When I click on redeem it says no Baen ebooks email found. (The address I used is different than my Baen account).
I dont wonder - sockpuppet prevention.
imagine you make 5 accounts and do only play up to lev 5 and 10 joins with every one. 10 easy books.
I was cautious and opened an acct with the addess I created the games account. already redeemed and used coupon and even the order confrmation says: planetbaen coupon code...
so they must be different than generic
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #74
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I have 18, and I think it's going to cost me something north of 750K to get to 20. Then again I need over a million to get to level 10 (am at 9). The game's really slowing down at this point.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #75
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Right now they are allowing sock puppets, but are working on ways to discourage it. I haveenouh of their books to play fair - and i'm nearly to a third book on either counter. Mostly just have to cycle thru, building bucks and energy, now
koland is offline   Reply With Quote