Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
powellcd
powellcd began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505/ebook library management

Hi,
I have just got a PRS-505 and I have a couple of questions:

Is there any way to print out the contents of the PRS-505 data base or the elibrary data base?

I notice that when I sort the content by author it does so using the author’s first name which is not much use.

Anything I can do about this – can I edit the author’s name in some way in elibrary?

A couple of PDF books I have downloaded have the author’s name as 'sys' or something similar. It would be useful to be able to change this.

Any suggestions welcomed and thank you for your time in advance.

Regards,
Chris
powellcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
You can change the "metadata" for the titles and authors (including last name, first name) using Calibre for any of these files. I'm not sure about printing, though.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
powellcd

Thanks DrMoze but please be aware that I am a complete novice with this hardware/software. What is Calibre?

Thanks for your reply,
Regards,
Old 08-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Calibre is a third party program for managing an ebook library. Works great with syncing to ebook readers, Sonys especially.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
You can download Calibre (free) from here:

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download

It also has it's own forum here at MobileRead in case you have questions on how it works.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
You can change the "metadata" for the titles and authors (including last name, first name) using Calibre for any of these files. I'm not sure about printing, though.
Not if the ebooks are DRMed... (bought from the Sony eBook store).

BOB
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
powellcd

Many thanks Hellmark and Dordale. I will follow up with your suggestions and thanks for the link.

Regards,
Chris