Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
bgorda
bgorda began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
Post Astak EZ Reader (Hanlin V3)

Greetings all - new member here.

I've acquired an Astak EZ Reader (Hanlin V3), and am interested in pointers on the topic of fonts and/or how to demonstrate the unit in its best light.

I've a multi 10's of page pdf file - that uses a font called aGaramond (which I've not heard of in the past), but doesn't look good on the screen.

Any advice as to a quick path to setup a demo for it? Change the fonts in the pdf (I don't have source), vs find and load that font family into the eBook?

Thanks in advance,

Brent
bgorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Brent and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There are some people on here who have Hanlins, but not many who have the new Aztak EZ yet. Hopefully those with more experience will be able to help you. It will be interesting to know the answer to your quesion. I've been waiting for the Aztak Mentor to come out for most of the past year.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
bgorda
bgorda began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
formats/demos

Thanks all,

I'm also soliciting content: I'm unsure as to what file types work (of course pdf's and text). Is there a demo site somewhere that shows-off the visual capabilities?

As you can tell, I'm trying to setup to show off the visual appeal while discussing the technical benefits of these.

TIA,

Brent
bgorda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astak, ez reader, fonts, hanlin v3