lovedove
lovedove began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd
Can someone PLEASE help me with this??? Thank you for your time
lovedove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #182
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
Can someone PLEASE help me with this??? Thank you for your time
Perhaps none of the regular responders use this PI in conjunction with Goodreads (or anything similar, such as Amazon), I've only used it with CSV files I created myself.

And what I know about Goodreads is not much more than that - its name

Unfortunately the PI author, Kiwidude, has 'retired'.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #183
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Perhaps none of the regular responders use this PI in conjunction with Goodreads (or anything similar, such as Amazon), I've only used it with CSV files I created myself.

And what I know about Goodreads is not much more than that - its name

Unfortunately the PI author, Kiwidude, has 'retired'.

BR

I use it with the Web site (FF and I had to adjust the Author template to use <title>).
This PI offers so many ways to use, I am not surprised the OP found one that has become outdated (or never intended to be used that way)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #184
lovedove

I can get ff to work I just needed the other. Must be outdated because it was intended to work that way seeing as if there is a Goodreads Listopia in the predefined section, it just doesn't do anything when I use the url that came with it or when I replace it with my own. But umm...oh well. Thanks anyways I guess. Back to pen and paper...
Old 08-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #185
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
I can get ff to work I just needed the other. Must be outdated because it was intended to work that way seeing as if there is a Goodreads Listopia in the predefined section, it just doesn't do anything when I use the url that came with it or when I replace it with my own. But umm...oh well. Thanks anyways I guess. Back to pen and paper...
Goodreads has almost definitely changed since the entries in the predefined sections were last changed. I can fix them, but I don't use them myself, I don't see if they are broken. For that, I hope that someone who does use them reports the problem. And I hope that someone who is using it will fix the definition and post it.

I'll have a look tonight. Were there any particular problems you were having trying it yourself?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #186
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Goodread: Listopia: Best Books Ever

Attached is a fix for the "Goodread: Listopia: Best Books Ever" predefined source. The page hadn't changed much, just the classes one of the elements.

To test, import it on the "User settings" page, then select it and press "Preview".

It should work with the other Goodreads Listopia pages. I a couple with no obvious problems. To try these, after importing this, select it and press the "Edit" page. Then replace the URL with the listopia list wanted.

If there are no problems, I'll get this updated the plugin and released. If anyone has noticed problems with any of the other lists, and even better fixed them, I can update these as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip importlist-Goodread-Listopia-Best Books Ever-Fixed.zip (596 Bytes, 196 views)
Old 08-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #187
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

did you fix Fantastic Fiction: Authors?
Old 08-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #188
lovedove

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Attached is a fix for the "Goodread: Listopia: Best Books Ever" predefined source. The page hadn't changed much, just the classes one of the elements.

To test, import it on the "User settings" page, then select it and press "Preview".

It should work with the other Goodreads Listopia pages. I a couple with no obvious problems. To try these, after importing this, select it and press the "Edit" page. Then replace the URL with the listopia list wanted.

If there are no problems, I'll get this updated the plugin and released. If anyone has noticed problems with any of the other lists, and even better fixed them, I can update these as well.
Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this. It works perfectly, you're amazing!!! I wouldn't have had a clue of where to start on fixing it lol, I'm not good with the xpath and coding for Calibre. Thanks again
Old 08-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #189
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No. I vaguely remember something been mentioned about it. I'll have a look tonight.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #190
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

That wasn't hard to fix, just a change from a h2 to h1 for the authors name. But, in my installation the list is just called "Fantastic Fiction". I wasn't expecting it to list the books for one author. The attached file should fix this if you can test it.

I had a quick click through the rest of the predefined lists. Only six or so others don't work. I'll have a better look at these during the week.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fantastic Fiction-fixed author.zip (608 Bytes, 167 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #191
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sorry to be obtuse - I downloaded the file but I can't find instructions to apply it?

Tried removing and re-installing the PI but no effect...

Thanks,
CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #192
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That wasn't hard to fix, just a change from a h2 to h1 for the authors name. But, in my installation the list is just called "Fantastic Fiction". I wasn't expecting it to list the books for one author. The attached file should fix this if you can test it.

I had a quick click through the rest of the predefined lists. Only six or so others don't work. I'll have a better look at these during the week.
I meant
Fantastic Fiction
The Authors field was not getting set when matching Empty books

I had alreadt tweaked my xpath and don't know how to make it forget user changes
Old 08-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #193
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Sorry to be obtuse - I downloaded the file but I can't find instructions to apply it?

Tried removing and re-installing the PI but no effect...
The plugin includes predefined imports for some web sites. This is a fix for one of them. If you start the plugin from calibre, on the "User settings" page, there is an "Import" button. Press this, find the file and it will load the new definition as a user list that can then be used in the same way as the predefined ones.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #194
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I meant
Fantastic Fiction
The Authors field was not getting set when matching Empty books
Good, because that's what I fixed.
Quote:
I had alreadt tweaked my xpath and don't know how to make it forget user changes
Changing a predefined source isn't saved. Or at least it doesn't seem to be here. I've been saving them, but they appear on the User Settings tab and can be deleted from there. Or have I missed something?
Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #195
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I forgot to restart the first time

Still no joy (see image)

I put title where you had H2 and it worked (my worry, is that was not a proper way )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inport List_No Author.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	151027  

Tags
column types