Notices

Old 05-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #196
Hebustroll
Hebustroll began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Color Lux
I need your help

Hello,

Thanks to your response.
The extension file has a correct name (I've forgotten a letter in my post).
But now i've only linefeed (and not CRLF)... and the problem is the same.

I use Notepadd++ to edit the file.

Is there a different process to the Color Lux?

Last edited by Hebustroll; 05-26-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Hebustroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:19 AM   #197
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't think there is a different process. A couple of other Colour Lux users have reported that the program works for them. You don't need the 801.cfg file for the Colour Lux, but that isn't your problem. If the extensions.cfg file is set up correctly, the CBR/CBZ files should appear in the Library app, even if pbimageviewer.app didn't work properly. Since you don't see the CBR files in the Library app, the problem happens even before pbimageviewer.app is called. Perhaps you need to reboot the device when you update the extensions.cfg file? I can't remember if that is the case or not.

If you still have problems, try the attached version of the extensions.cfg file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip extensions.zip (270 Bytes, 228 views)

Last edited by rkomar; 05-26-2014 at 03:25 AM.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2014, 03:52 AM   #198
Hebustroll

Hello,

thanks.
I've copy your files but it not works.

I'll test this evening at home, and i'll create a vm with linux to work properly with the ereader (i work with windows).

At the moment I convert the cbr/cbz files into pdf but it takes times...
Old 05-26-2014, 04:02 AM   #199
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One last thing, are you trying to use the application to find the CBR files? That won't work. If you start pbimageviewer.app from the Applications menu, it can only be used to open directories/folders with images. It won't show CBR/CBZ files inside the directory chooser (because they aren't directories). To look at CBR files, you have to use the Library app to open them.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:44 AM   #200
Hebustroll

I've found my error : the files aren't cbr/cbz but cb7 with a wrong extension.
I modified the files and now it's good.
The application works perfectly. I have to modify a cfg because the pictures are in B&W and not in colour.

Thanks for all!

Last edited by Hebustroll; 05-27-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Advert
Old 05-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #201
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebustroll View Post
I have to modify a cfg because the pictures are in B&W and not in colour.
What is the problem if you leave the bit depth at 24? Do the B&W images not show up properly?

Note that you can change the depth with the Configuration>Display_Settings>Depth menu item, but that only applies to the archive you are currently reading.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #202
Hebustroll

Hello,

in the application, the bit depth is on 24.
But when I open a cbr file, the image is in B&W. I have to close the application and restart it : the color is here.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #203
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebustroll View Post
Hello,

in the application, the bit depth is on 24.
But when I open a cbr file, the image is in B&W. I have to close the application and restart it : the color is here.
I think I have figured out the problem and have sent you a PM to ask you to test the new version. If it works, I'll update the download in the first post here.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #204
rkomar
Wizard

Thanks to Hebustroll, the problem with the missing colours when opening new archives on the Colour Lux has been fixed. I've updated the application in the first post. The fix only applies to the Colour Lux model, so if you have another model, you don't have to update with the newest version.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:42 AM   #205
munenori
munenori began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 611
does not work like it used to

Hi,

love the application and used it a ton of times already, but yesterday the menu was totally different from an hour before and i can't seem to tilt the pictures anymore or to zoom. Seems like all the abilities of the program are accessible in a different way.
Is this part of a newer version? I had the almost latest version, because i had to reset my Pocketbook.
munenori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:40 AM   #206
rkomar
Wizard

Do you mean that you installed a new version and it is different from the old one? I guess that's possible if you had a really old version before. I don't really remember how the old versions used to look like anymore. Recent versions weren't that different from each other.

Perhaps the auto-orientation doesn't work because it is turned off in your device's configuration after the reset. Check to see what it is set to in Configuration>Appearance>Screen_orientation. It should be set to "Automatic" if you want to use the g-sensor to orient the screen.

I don't know why your zoom doesn't work any more, that hasn't changed since the beginning (except for adding the pinch-to-zoom gesture for touch screens).

Maybe you just need to reboot your device.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:59 AM   #207
munenori

Thanks for the answer.
Yes it could be that my version was way! older than the one i'm using now.

I dont know if i'm to stupid right now, but i can't find:
Configuration>Appearance>Screen_orientation

i'm using firmware 4.4 and the interface looks a whole lot different to the ones before.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:27 AM   #208
rkomar
Wizard

Sorry, I was mixed up. I thought the 611 was the old Pro version (the 613) when you said that you used to tilt the pictures. I don't think the 611 has a g-sensor, so it won't have the automatic orientation.

Do you not see the "Rotate Screen" menu item in the main menu of application? It should have a submenu with the four different orientations in it.

Do you mind taking a screen shot of the main menu and attaching it here? I could see if it looks right or not.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:28 AM   #209
munenori

Sure, i will upload it here, sorry for not answering for quite a while but family business got inbetween.
I got a Pocketbook Touch 622.
For the pictures i used a camera to make a quick solution.

Thats how the main menu looks including the configuration menu of the application.

I am missing the option to turn the image in the main menu of the application and when i change it in configurations, nothing happens so far.
Did i accidentially "destroy" something in the application?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:25 AM   #210
rkomar
Wizard

No, I don't think you destroyed anything. The code checks to see if GlobalOrientation is set to "automatic". If so, the rotation submenu is left out and the starting orientation configuration setting is ignored, since the orientation gets set with the g-sensor. If not, the rotation submenu should appear. I don't think you're 611 has a g-sensor, but the function asking for GlobalOrientation must be saying that orientation is done automatically since you don't see that part of the menu. I guess I'll have to look at other ways of determining whether the rotation submenu should appear or not. I'll PM you when I have something to test.

P.S. You should disable "Fine Updates" in your configuration. It just makes the screen flash more during updates on most devices. It's really just for the really old 3XX models.

Last edited by rkomar; 06-12-2014 at 02:31 AM.