Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-04-2020, 01:56 PM   #16
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Me too would like to know if it can be done without issues

Sorry for the late reply.
- If you mean, if I have any problems since the update, "bugs", then no, I don't.
I use BOOX note for at least 1-2 hours a day, the system is stable, I did not notice any problems.

Mostly I use for : Reading PDF, ePUB, CBR/CBZ, audio and TTS + Koreader.

- I downloaded the update in English (I not remember exactly, either English or Chinese), but I use French.
* I might say it's better, but it can be a only subjective feeling.

PS : If you need to try something specific, write, I'll try.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-04-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #17
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Sorry for the late reply.
- If you mean, if I have any problems since the update, "bugs", then no, I don't.
I use BOOX note for at least 1-2 hours a day, the system is stable, I did not notice any problems.

Mostly I use for : Reading PDF, ePUB, CBR/CBZ, audio and TTS + Koreader.

- I downloaded the update in English (I not remember exactly, either English or Chinese), but I use French.
* I might say it's better, but it can be a only subjective feeling.

PS : If you need to try something specific, write, I'll try.
Wow it means they have released firmware in France ahead of other countries? Do they release based on countries where we access the onyx server from?
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 11:41 AM   #18
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I can't check because yesterday I changed language to chinese installed update then changed to english but as of yesterday only available update was in chinese.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:19 PM   #19
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Wow it means they have released firmware in France ahead of other countries? Do they release based on countries where we access the onyx server from?

No.
French is the language I have as default now. I had English or Chinese for download, I don't know exactly.
(According to other posts, I would say it was Chinese )
Old 05-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #20
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
No.
French is the language I have as default now. I had English or Chinese for download, I don't know exactly.
(According to other posts, I would say it was Chinese )
I would guess that you had it set to the Chinese language to get the update as I have not yet seen it available to devices using English for the system language.

Of course, it could be that it was briefly made available by mistake to devices running English as the system language and that you just happened to get the download at that time before it was later removed... But it certainly isn't available just at the moment for devices running English.

How and ever, I am sure that it will be made available internationally sometime in the near future if no significant bugs are found in the domestic release.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #21
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Yes, maybe you're right, or maybe i still activated the Beta_tester account , to which I actively contributed a few times ago months.
(anyway, it will soon be available to everyone anyway)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-05-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #22
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, maybe you're right, or maybe i still activated the Beta_tester account , to which I actively contributed a few times ago months.
(anyway, it will soon be available to everyone anyway)
Ah, if you were a Beta-tester, that would probably explain it. Otherwise you would likely know if you had switched your system language to Chinese to get an update. They are rather different languages after all.

Unless, of course, they had you do that as part of the Beta testing.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #23
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
English update is ready for download and it's an update from the Chinese version.
Built number is : 2020-05-06_17-57_2.3_8aeba24
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #24
Question Mark
Wizard

Just updated my Nova Pro and my Note Pro. Don't have much time to play around with them at the moment, but I did try out split view on the Nova Pro. An English book open in one view and a Chinese book open in the other. Very impressive.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #25
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
I just got 2020-05-06_17-57_2.3_8aeba24 (english, OTA) on my plain Nova.
I can see the new floating bar in neoreader 3.0
Where is that reading statistic thing?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #26
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I just got 2020-05-06_17-57_2.3_8aeba24 (english, OTA) on my plain Nova.
I can see the new floating bar in neoreader 3.0
Where is that reading statistic thing?
sorry, found out
Old 05-08-2020, 01:47 AM   #27
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Did the update last night.

Now, notes in split view when using Neo Reader, can use our own template. Neo Reader still unable to set view to Justify Left.

I prefer to read books with Left Justified than Full Justified. Unfortunately, split view notes cannot work with MoonReader+.
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:17 AM   #28
underscore
Addict

i have a couple of question suggested to me from the statistics feature (which i didn't had on the nova with december 2019 firmware).

- should i create an onyx account? what for? is there any benefit?
- am i the only one who is often left by neoreader 3.0 with a book read at 99% ?
Old 05-28-2020, 04:50 AM   #29
Nicolas-
Nicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blueNicolas- can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Onyx Nova Pro 2019
Quote:
Title correction, Firmawre 2.3.1 for very soon

This new Update brings a lot of new changes as reading statistics , especially regarding appearance and new features:
(Still on Android 6)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firmware 2.3.1 manual (PDF) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-S...5R8CmuHof/view
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoReader
[LIST][*]Add Reading Statistics.
[...]
Hi, can you tell me if the onboard Onyx keybord still toggles only between Chinese and another language ? (via the CN/EN key).
I would like to use another language than Chinese.
Nicolas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 AM   #30
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas- View Post
Hi, can you tell me if the onboard Onyx keybord still toggles only between Chinese and another language ? (via the CN/EN key).
I would like to use another language than Chinese.
Onyx Keyboard settings are: Switch between Chinese and English.
I would need German.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote