Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 06:30 AM   #1
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Likebook Mars error after last update

I have a Likebook Mars which updated to BYRead-V2.3.0-2020031218 yesterday.

After it had finished and rebooted I set it to open books in the new Zreader app (under 'Library' tab, clicked on the three lines (top right), and its the last option (Reader settings))

When I clicked on a book to open it it gave the error message "No Application Found", so I set it back to the default Boyue reader but now whenever I try to open any book from the 'Library' or 'Reading Books' screens it gives the same "No Application Found" error.

Only way I can open books now is to go to 'File Manager' and find the book there and click it then it opens in the default boyue reader.

Please can anyone tell me how to solve this problem, or how to do a factory reset, as there is nothing helpful in the manual. thank you.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
yar57
yar57 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
Try a simple reboot first to see if books become visible afterwards
yar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
Vortex
Groupie

Tried rebooting but made no difference. The books show up in the Library but if I try and open any of them I get the error "No Application Found", if I find the same book from the File Manager it will open in the Boyue reader.

I've emailed Boyue about the problem but have not received any reply
Old 07-10-2020, 05:32 AM   #4
Vortex
Groupie

Well I found the solution to getting it to open books again from the Library tab with the Boyue reader. A long press on any book pops up a box giving options of what app to open it with, and or what app to associate with the format etc.

There is no option for the ZReader under there though, so I am still unable to try out the new reader app that it claims is now available with that latest update.