Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 03:20 AM   #1
feuille
Connoisseur
feuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enough

Device: android smartphone + tablet
Getting book folder(s) in metadata plugin?

Hello,

My first metadata plugin is ready and working. However, I have books that don't have an ID and whose title contains junk or is insufficient to identify the book in the metadata source.

In this case, my idea is to read the book files and look for identification features there.

I know that with current_library_path() and current_library_name() I can get the library.

Is there any chance of getting the folder of the selected books in a metadata plugin?

Thanks!
feuille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No metadata plugins cannot read book files. You should instead have a separate plugin for that, like the extract ISBN plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book folder, book path, metadata